Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to lone tree on sunday. I cought 2 nice bass and a few crappie. I will post some pic soon.

I went to some ponds in Greeley and cought some small bass but there were some large ones in there.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
bassboatjockey said:
hey FF.. how was the water at lonetree? someone said it was really low for some reason.
It was extremely low last fall, but they have refilled it over the winter and it is up to its normal waterline now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jwhitman36 said:
FF, what ponds in Greeley?  I live here and havent fished any of them. Also what did you get the action on?
Yeah, i was wondering the same thing. Greeley has never exactly been a fishing hotbed. Riverside in Evans used to have a lot of big bass and the pond at Allen Park, behind where the Wal-Mart on 10th street is now, used to have a few nice bass, too.

I'd definitely like to find a place in town again where I can catch a few nice bass.

I've been wanting to try that small pond near Boomerang Golf Course, right next to the Poudre Trail. It looks like a nice pond (but, from what I can tell, a really, really shallow one).

·
Registered
436 Posts
hey mile high we should get together and try whatever one he was at out. FF you should come as well! Is the one behind the walmart the REALLY tiny one that I have heard use to flood onto the street?

·
Registered
119 Posts
jwhitman36 said:
Is the one behind the walmart the REALLY tiny one that I have heard use to flood onto the street?
Sounds like the one I'm thinking of. It's at Allen Park, and the pond is pretty close to the street (8th/9th street?). So it's a definite possibility.

I'm not sure how the fishing is there now, but it used to have a good number of 12-14 inch bass with a few bigger. My biggest bass from there was 17.5 inches and a little under three pounds. There also used to be a ton of crappie (mostly ~5-7 inches) and a few nice cats.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
bassboatjockey said:
hey FF.. how was the water at lonetree?  someone said it was really low for some reason.
It was extremely low last fall, but they have refilled it over the winter and it is up to its normal waterline now.

I was there Sat. and it definately seemed low to me...

·
Registered
109 Posts
walleye970 said:
That pond you are talking about by  Poudre River Ranch isnt  that shallow.
Is the Poudre the pond in Greeley? The three lakes/ponds that were stalked in Greeley were, Seeley, Glenmire???, and Bittersweet. I hate fishing at Seeley b/c it smells like a port-o-potty on a hot summer day and fishing in a park pond i feel like i'm taking a kid's fish.

Is the small pond off hwy 34 and between 47th ave and 75th?? ave stocked with anything? I have seen a couple people fishing there last weekend. (It is the park with the large metal sun flowers that you can see from the highway)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts