Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
jwhitman36 said:
FF, what ponds in Greeley?  I live here and havent fished any of them. Also what did you get the action on?
Yeah, i was wondering the same thing. Greeley has never exactly been a fishing hotbed. Riverside in Evans used to have a lot of big bass and the pond at Allen Park, behind where the Wal-Mart on 10th street is now, used to have a few nice bass, too.

I'd definitely like to find a place in town again where I can catch a few nice bass.

I've been wanting to try that small pond near Boomerang Golf Course, right next to the Poudre Trail. It looks like a nice pond (but, from what I can tell, a really, really shallow one).

·
Registered
119 Posts
jwhitman36 said:
Is the one behind the walmart the REALLY tiny one that I have heard use to flood onto the street?
Sounds like the one I'm thinking of. It's at Allen Park, and the pond is pretty close to the street (8th/9th street?). So it's a definite possibility.

I'm not sure how the fishing is there now, but it used to have a good number of 12-14 inch bass with a few bigger. My biggest bass from there was 17.5 inches and a little under three pounds. There also used to be a ton of crappie (mostly ~5-7 inches) and a few nice cats.

·
Registered
109 Posts
walleye970 said:
That pond you are talking about by  Poudre River Ranch isnt  that shallow.
Is the Poudre the pond in Greeley? The three lakes/ponds that were stalked in Greeley were, Seeley, Glenmire???, and Bittersweet. I hate fishing at Seeley b/c it smells like a port-o-potty on a hot summer day and fishing in a park pond i feel like i'm taking a kid's fish.

Is the small pond off hwy 34 and between 47th ave and 75th?? ave stocked with anything? I have seen a couple people fishing there last weekend. (It is the park with the large metal sun flowers that you can see from the highway)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.