Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Lontree this morning to try my luck at the walleye. I got there at 7:00 and cranked up the trolling motor to get to the middle of the lake. I trolled ane Pico Perch and one Countdown Rapala on a 24" leader below a one ounce egg sinker. I fished in figure 8 patterns the length of the lake right down the middle. I ended up catching two 7lb and two 9 lb wipers instead of walleye. I was very surprised with the outcome. I was scared to be out there because the duck hunters were out and were shooting in my direction. That's why I stayed out in the middle. The wipers went back into the lake for some other lucky angler to catch. I used a very small boat. It was my 10' john boat. The only motor I could have on it was my trolling motor so I'm glad no wind came up!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Find it hard to believe this report. I think you are back to your Eyeguy tricks again. The duck season is closed right now (between splits), the goose season does not open until Nov. 19th, and they do not allow target shooting at Lonetree. There should not be any shooting going on at all. Also, I don't think those sized wipers come a dime a dozen out of Lonetree as you make it seem!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I can't tell you much about Lonetree, but when I visited Lon Hagler just up the road from Lonetree on Friday, there was definitely shooting going on, and I guess I just assumed it was for ducks. The shooters were at the west end and as far as I could tell, were not aiming toward the fishermen. Some of the other fishermen were still unhappy about it and made some unfavorable comments. I didn't see much of a problem myself.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off, dude, you need to relax. There was shooting going on but from where I don't know. I saw a lot of people walking the shore and for all I know it was them or someone else. The point is WHO CARES? Don' call me eyeguy or any other names for that matter unless you would like me to be verbablly abusive. Thirdly, I caught what I caught. You don't believe that because you never have that luck. Peace out, dude, and learn to relax!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Does anybody else find it funny that WE always comes to the aid of cat/fatfish.I think there is some nepitism going on.Oh well,have WE show you how to post pics with your nice camera and there won't be any doubt!

lyn

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, someone show me how to post pics and everything will be settled. If you don't want to show me then may be you shouldn't run your mouth.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
lynmack said:
Does anybody else find it funny that WE always comes to the aid of cat/fatfish.I think there is some nepitism going on.Oh well,have WE show you how to post pics with your nice camera and there won't be any doubt!
lyn, not strange at all, it's just that fatfish is the only one who is getting beat up on, so he is the only one I feel moved to come to the aid of. That was my own idea, he didn't ask me to. But if somebody takes an unfair shot at you, I just might offer some support, unasked.

About the pictures -- I had the same idea as you. Put up some pictures and if they look good maybe we can have some peace on the forum. Well, I have tried (see the thread in the "How do you post pics" topic) but so far it hasn't worked and I don't know why. Maybe it's time to take another shot at it.

W. E.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll ask again, and maybe it won't fall on deaf ears: PLEASE HELP ME LEARN TO POST PICS! I have an illness that makes it very hard for me to learn new things. So there it is. Now you know. I need someone to show me, not just tell me. Show me and I'll treat you to dinner or lunch or breakfast or something. Each day I spend a couple of hours trying to post pics. I don't think I'm getting the right computer lingo from imageshack and that's why they aren't posting. But I do know how to host an image on image shack.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Fair enough!I respect your love of fishing and if and when i get to see some picks you will have my complete respect.Maybe email some to WE or another helpful member(epic,dan).Believe me when i say that pics aren't necessary to proof positive your skills as an angler,but i promise you you'll have 100 times the creditabality to me and others.No disrespect ment to either of you.Tight lines.

lyn

F

·
0 Posts
fatfish just send the pictures in a email to one of the moderators and they will gladly post them. people questioning you has taken up to much space on the forum. If you don't believe fatfish....move on to another thread. We have already covered the fact that you can post whatever you want. If he wants to talk about catching nice fish and not post pictures its his right. Now lets talk about fishing and not turn the forum into a bad 90210 eppisode

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
fatfish,

I have some new simplified instructions for posting an image from image shack. I bet even a former Nebraska fisherman could follow them. ;D (gotcha!)

I'll send you a PM, let's see if we can get you doing this on your own whenever you want to, as opposed to having to go through someone else. You can still do that, if we can't make it work.

W. E.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
lynmack said:
lyn
Walking Eagle is a good guy and he comes to the aid of almost anyone that isbeing singled out by the masses including Iceinhisviens. W.E. is good peoples as far as I'm concerned.

As far as posting pictures I have posted numerous times on how to do it and even offered to post the pictures for you, if you emailed them to me. I do this for a couple other people on this forum.
So here goes yet another explaination on how to post pictures:
Enter address: http://imageshack.us/ or http://www.tinypic.com/
Click the button that says Browse
Browse to the picture you want posted then click OK D:\Pictures\Fishing\Colorado Fisherman Picnic 08-14-05\No Shana Bad Shana no eat the fish.JPG
Then click Host it
The hard part, Find the link that says Direct Link Drag your mouse to highlight it.
Hit Cltr+C (copy)
Go back to the Colorado Fisherman Forum and this button [img]
This will put a command in your post [code][img][/code]
[b]Click[/b] in the middle of the 2 img and Hit [b]Cltr+v[/b] (paste)
Your screen shoul now look like this: [code][img][/code]
And when you hit post or preview it should look like this:
[img]http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/8356/noshanabadshananoeatthefish4nf.jpg

Any more questions?

·
Registered
405 Posts
C'mon Fatfish post those pics, and go for all out Braggin rights!!! You can do it!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts