Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checked out lonetree for the first time yesterday. what a beautiful lake. fishing was pretty slow. got a couple of bites from small perch. was checking out the lake more then anything and not really fishing hard. talked to a couple of people at the boat ramp and two had nice wipers but they said the fishing was slow overall and it took them all day to get one. i hear it a tough lake to catch fish but i think i am going to spend more time there this summer. i love the wakelessness. a lot different then combat fishing carter or boyd.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
DAVE110MAN - Yeah your right .. Lonetree is a pretty hard place to fish.. Them wipers there do really travel around that whole place - my 2 cents.. Seems like they make laps around that whole thing.. I'll hit it up this week or so and let you know how I do.. I hear on the eastside, there is a cove in the trees.. I hear its a pretty good place to catch fish, but no clue.. Its like a canal almost..

COMBAT fishing.. Dont get me wrong, but I dont see nothing wrong with it.. If the fish are bitting Im gonna get some action.. Its kinda different on a boat, you can work a whole lot more than us land/shore fisherman/womans.. But when you hit a school on your radars .. Im pretty sure you will camp there as well.. I just wish People would pick up after themselves and practice catch and release..!

Steve
Monkies_butt
- JUST MY 2 CENTS

·
Registered
82 Posts
I fish lonetree alot and have had some sucess fishing the south east side just south of the trees. Use minnows and you will catch a variety of crappie, walleye, wiper.

Tight lines and Bent Rods
Grizz

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the combat fishing i am refering to is trying to fish on a lake full of tubers, water skiiers, jet skiis, sail boats....

i have no problem with other fishermen or women :) i stop and talk to them whenever i get close and ask them how they are doing and what they are biting on and if i am doing good i share whats doing me good too. i had a guy tell me friday night that the fishing stinks at carter. i was more then happy to tell him how i caught my fish and encuraged him to try again. we have got plenty enough water around here for people to catch fish. we dont have enough water for the pleasure boaters though and i am really glad there are some lakes that they are banned from.

as for being shorebound, drop me a line sometime and your more then welcome on my boat.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
DAVE110MAN - You sound like a real nice guy... I'll take you up on that.. Not a lot of guys on here would offer to take us Shore guys on their boats.. Well, Have never really asked but in a way it seems that way.. ( just my two cents ) Maybe one of these days we can get out there and fish together or so..

Steve
Monkies_butt

·
Registered
82 Posts
The guys that saythe fishing at Carter stinks they dont know how to fish lol. Walleyes turn on about 8:00 pm off the dams and using clown colored rouges. Landed two 26" and one 29" the other night as well as lots of bass. As for shorbies drop me a line I have a 14' aluminum boat and would be willing to let some of you guys tag along.

Tight lines and Bent Rods
Grizz

·
Registered
943 Posts
there are alot of cool guys on here with boats just be respectful and ask and i bet most of them would be glad to take some of us shorebounders along. thats how i got to go on the boat at granby saturday ;D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you would be suprised. i had a guy at carter offer to take me sailing on his "yacht" anytime. i was pitching lures under the docks by his boat looking for bass. i do a lot of late evening and night fishing. half the time i have someone to go with and half the time i dont. my wife hates me going out alone at night fishing. causes her to worry. always looking for fishing buddies. i am a bit of an addict and go fishing a lot. as a matter of fact i was thinking of doing a bit of shore fishing for bass before work tomorrow morning. i am sick! i think a lot of people on this board have the same problem though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'll try and post when ever i have a seat open. i do a bit of shore fishing too cause its quick and easy and i can fish before and after work. i live around the fort collins area and am ALWAYS down to go fishing.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lone Tree is tough to fish because there is a ton of forage like millions of shad and frogs. Fish are usually fat and large if landed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dave110man, I know what you mean, I love to fish, I could totally admin that I am a fishoholic, Wife worries when I go by myself, it seems sometimes she drags her self to go fishing with me just so I would not be by myself, she like to fish but not that often as I do.. I have 24ft party barge, If anyone would like to accompany me fishing, they are welcome, I normally fish carter, horsetooth, Chatfield. boyd.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Arieldg, I'm in the same boat. If you ever fish Chatfield and don't feel like taking you boat. Your welcome to join me on mine.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we ought to set up a fishaholics anonymous club. we can meet on the water. i'll bring the beer. i joined the Colorado Walleye Accociation but they only meet once a month. thats not enough for me to get my fishing fix. they are mostly purists too so they dont fish for much else which i can respect. i have a fishing problem and have to get my fix where ever i can. i caught myself pulling bluegills and sun fish out of a city pond on my lunch break the other day. i am going out again friday night but that is too far off so i will have to hit a city pond on the way home from work again tonight. >:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ron Parker you got your self a deal, we can email each other when and where , either boat is fine.. keep me post and I will do the same..

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dave110, you are a lucky man!! I am jeleous, If I could fish durring my lunch break, I would be a happy man every day. Off course I get happy when I see my wife and kids, but fishing during lunch break is the prime...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gotta get my fix wherever i can. my wife is my best fishing buddy so she cuts me some slack. she doesnt get the fever and the shakes like i do but she understands when a man has needs >:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts