Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Lonetree yesterday morning from about 0500 - 1030 h.

Physical conditions:  The lake is down (~ 5 ft) but the ramps are still useable.  Of course, I was in my FishCat pontoon so that didn't matter.  Surface water temperatures were between 58 - 60F and clarity was very good, perhaps 5 - 6 ft.  They're filling the lake right now (yay!) but the water coming in is cold (45 - 50F) so things might cool down a bit.  Weedbeds are begining to show signs of life, and the shallow ones are just now reaching the surface, but they are not as thick or dense as they will be later in the summer.

Fishing:  Fishing was slow...I had to work pretty hard to get 5 largemouth bass between 9 and 15".  All fish came on Texas-rigged  tubes fished slowly in 5 - 10' of water.  I did check the shallows and only saw one small bass.  I also threw a frog for a while because there can be a decent frog bite (nothing like the bite in the CA delta, but hey, you work with what you have).  One quality bass blew up on the frog but didn't button on...I checked the spot of the attack a little later and was surprised to see that the water under the weeds was only about 1.5' deep.  Have to file that away for use when the weeds get thicker.  I'd say things are going to get pretty good there in another couple of weeks, especially once more of the shoreline vegetation is flooded.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Lonetree is an excellent bass lake!!! Everyone goes there for Wiper, Eye's and panfish, but the bass fishing is pretty good.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Southwest of Loveland...

Directions: From Camion, go 3 1/2 miles west on County Road 14W to Lonetree Drive, then 1 mile south on access road to the reservoir.

Fee: None

Boating: Boat ramps, no sail surfboards or sailboats

Fish: Walleye, saugeye, yellow perch, crappie, largemouth bass, channel catfish, bluegill and wiper

Water Acres: 502

Elevation: 5,131 feet

Managing Agency: Division of Wildlife. For more information, call (303) 297-1192.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts