Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished this evening, around the northeast side, by where the irragation coming out. Waded out around a bunch of submerged trees, and threw everything we had. Not a single bite, the catch of the day were some small toads my girlfriend caught, almost used them as bait, but she wasn't very excited about that idea. Really I was surprised, because we were fishing in some areas that looked really promising. Saw a few others fishing and no one catching. First time I've been skunked since Union, so maybe I need to stick to the smaller lakes. Anyways any tips would be great, looks like a pretty nice lake.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've caught a couple walleyes near the same spot--the rocky area near the outlet. But Lonetree really is a tough lake. People who know the lake really do well from what I hear. But it probably takes a lot of time and energy to get to point where you're catching fish consistently. I get the impression that in order to really do well there, you need a boat, because of the limited shoreline accessibility (which puts non-boaters like myself at a disadvantage). If your're going after walleyes from shore, I'd suggest Lake Loveland. I've been hitting the walleyes pretty consistently lately near the east shore parking lot, not far from the boat ramp. I was also getting a few walleyes at Carter while fishing for bass and have also done pretty well at Horsetooth while fishing Santanka Cove

1 - 4 of 4 Posts