Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit Lonetree and Boedecker today - about threee hours apiece in a boat. I tried trolling bottom bouncers, nightcrawler harnesses and Kastmasters, as well as throwing jigs into some of the coves. I had no luck whatsoever. I saw in the DOW report that crappie fishing in Boedecker was supposed to be excellent. Help! What am I doing wrong? I mean, I never had a strike.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I avoid Boedecker because I have seen it dry up to a tiny puddle for two summers now and I have a hard time believing anything survived except maybe the catfish. But if the DOW says it has excellent crappie fishing, well then, it must be true.

Then again, this may be another case of the DOW having their heads up their ... um .... I was going to say, having a case of "cranial endo-rectosis". :D

Lonetree, on the other hand, should be OK for bass, walleye, wipers and catfish. The problem may just be finding them. This is your typical Colorado bowl-shaped impoundment with almost no fish-holding structure anywhere except a little at the north end, and at the south end when the weeds grow some more. Lonetree has always been a kind of problem for me because it's hard to find the fish, even though I like the lake.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agreed I like Lonetree but havent found fish yet I like two coves there have caught fish just nothing worth telling aboout not sure what was bigger the fish or the bait?

·
Registered
48 Posts
About a week ago I spoke to a gentleman at Boedecker and he showed me some nice Crappie he caught off the dam. He was using minnows and tubes. Again this was about a week ago. I would assume it should be good, deep allong the dam. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I did try the dam using a white crappie jig with no luck. The deepest water I found along the dam was about 10 feet..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
yeah i would have to Agree with WALKING EAGLE on that .. LONETREE is a hard place to fish. Fish there like Ive said before.. Race in a circle.. Well the wipers do..! Round n Round ..

Steve

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am not sure on either report but just a tidbit of info Crappie are the last fish to die when a like dries up even after the catfish and carp.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
brook king said:
I saw in the DOW report that crappie fishing in Boedecker was supposed to be excellent. Help! What am I doing wrong? I mean, I never had a strike.
hmmmm....maybe they meant that "the crappy fishing" was excellent? ;)

·
Registered
514 Posts
dont know about bodecker but at lonetree try a crawler sitting about 3 feet below a bober right off the weed line. make sure the hook is toward the tail or they will sit there and rob you all day long. there are some nice perch in there too but most of them are little. i was fishing there twice this weekend and the first time i was fishing with crappie jiggs and was only getting about 1 fish every 30-40 mins. the next time my wife insisted i put a worm and bobber on her line and she had a fish on in 30 seconds. good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts