Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Lonetree last night and fished the east bank at the mouth of the outlet canal. Floated lighted floats with perch underneath them. Arrived at 8:00 pm (Boy does it get dark early!). Had my first cat at 9:00. Weighed 5 lbs. Caught him by casting my bait over by some trees that stood out way in the water. At 9:30 I lost a big wiper. They hook pulled out of his mouth. He was about 5 lbs as well. Fished until 10:00 am. All in all caught 6 cats weighing 2-6 lbs and lost one wiper. Great night!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sweet....my wifes parents live in loveland and I ended up a jayhawker ponds catching a few small bass .....catmann where would you recomend to catch a monster cat ? Im tired of 2-3 lbers

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have caught a 14, a 18, and a twenty out of Lonetree. All off the dam by the inlet. I have caught several in the mid-teens at Boyd at the shelters north of the sailboard docks. I have also caught some in the teen at the south inlet by the campground. I have caught many in the low teens and a 29 at Big Thompson ponds. I have caught nothing bigger than a 10 at Boedecker. I have caught two 12's at LOn Hagler. And I have caught cats in the teens at Jackson and at Barr. If you would like specific locations I can give them to you. All the big cats I have caught I caught on either live bait or fresh cut bait.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
catmann29 said:
I have caught a 14, a 18, and a twenty out of Lonetree.  All off the dam by the inlet.  I have caught several in the mid-teens at Boyd at the shelters north of the sailboard docks.  I have also  caught some in the teen at the south inlet by the campground.  I have caught many in the low teens and a 29 at Big Thompson ponds.  I have caught nothing bigger than a 10 at Boedecker.  I have caught two 12's at LOn Hagler.  And I have caught cats in the teens at Jackson and at Barr.  If you would like specific locations I can give them to you.  All the big cats I have caught I caught on either live bait or fresh cut bait. 
29LBS ....thats 5lbs in a couple weeks .....thats a fast growing fish

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thats obviously not working ..what I was trying to show is that when you first caught the cat it was 24lbs and now its 29lbs ...I know its the same cat cause you said it was the biggest one you have caught ....You dont have to pad your stats for us to believe you know your stuff ...we can tell just by reading it !!!!your a well educated angler thats also a great addition to the forum ...but most of the regulars on here see right through the b.s. .....I enjoy reading your posts and learning catfishing info from you ...you have alot of knowledge to share and im soaking up as much as I can ......either you have an active imagination or you are the best fisherman this side of the mississippi .....I too would need pics to believe all the big fish catmann...none the less I do want to say I enjoy your information filled posts and look forward to reading them when you post ......so dont take this the wrong way just had to call ya out !!!!!and as fisherman we are all guilty of this I just thought it was starting to get a little deep

·
Registered
324 Posts
its all about the fish stories. i will remember not to say to much from now on. but this one time at fishing camp......LOL i was waiting for this post FG. I just didn't know who it was going to be i narrowed it down to you or slayerfish.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahahahha...this one time at fish camp .....thats great ......im not trying to be a downer at all ......but had to say my opinion ....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been fishing lonetree many times and have caught a few nice cats, the biggest I would estimate at 10-15 lbs. I know there are bigger because I have been snapped off several times( 10lb test).

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And let it stand as said that another fisherman has caught fish from LOntree that are sizable.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
catmann-I want to believe but you keep stepping in it. If you play loose with the size or the numbers of fish caught your credibility will be 0 and no one will believe anything else in the report.

I fish Pueblo for smallies and spots alot-most days I'm lucky to catch even a couple over 15", many days its none. And thats what I report. That doesn't make me a great guy, just one who's willing to tell it like it happened. But you can take what I say to the bank.

Anything less is disrespectful to the people reading the post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts