Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to visit Lonetree Reservoir S. of Loveland this afternoon, just to scout it out because it is supposed to have some big wipers and tiger muskie in it.

I found the access road gated closed and couldn't get in. This is a SWA managed (?) by the CDOW and you are supposed to be able to get in to it. Has anyone heard or seen anything from the DOW about it being closed?

Regards, W. E.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'm thinking you went to the wrong entrance. Did you go south down a long road off of 60? It sounds like you tried to enter just off the highway, not where the boat ramps are.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
W.E.,

In other words, did you try to enter where this red circle is?

Sorry if I misunderstood.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
work2fish said:
I'm thinking you went to the wrong entrance. Did you go south down a long road off of 60? It sounds like you tried to enter just off the highway, not where the boat ramps are.
I think you must be right, I did not go down the road on your map. I was traveling E-W on CR 14 and I found an unimproved dirt track road leading off to the south that had a sign saying Lonetree Reservoir with a gate across it, but it was not a long straight road like the map shows.

Looks like I'll have to try it again! Oh, well, it was a nice drive...

Thanx, W. E.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yep i can hear the rangers from here "hey look here comes walking eagle, hurry close the gates, good thing he's to full of **** to fly over the gate"

lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
I tried to visit Lonetree Reservoir S. of Loveland this afternoon, just to scout it out because it is supposed to have some big wipers and tiger muskie in it.

I found the access road gated closed and couldn't get in. This is a SWA managed (?) by the CDOW and you are supposed to be able to get in to it. Has anyone heard or seen anything from the DOW about it being closed?

Regards, W. E.
There's no Tigers in Lonetree, those are in the next Lake over, Lon Hagler. Lonetree does have some nice wipers tho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts