Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was lurking the loser forum and saw a thread talking about CPW land leases and how theres a possibility we might lose lonetree to private ownership. any truth to this? if so, as much as I hate that whore of a lake, that would suck.... paying more to fish and getting less and less.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
It's a lease and was never owned. Money always talks.....and people get screwed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
There is a TPC golf course and huge subdivision under construction surrounding Lone Tree, I am guessing that has something to do with it. I also heard Boedecker's lease is up and the surrounding home owners may not renew.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Lonetree has always sucked for me. Won't even notice its gone.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
But if you take away a lake those people have to find another place to fish.

Fewer places to fish-more overcrowding.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Ive had many 30+ fish days there this year with a bunch of 3+ pounders. If this is actually going to happen I might accidentally load my livewell and move them a couple miles north....

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I heard the DOW was planning on draining and netting and transplanting them. If not you can bet ill be packing as many as I can to the north.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I heard the DOW was planning on draining and netting and transplanting them. If not you can bet ill be packing as many as I can to the north.
Lol, Williams fork and Dillon would be great walleye fisheries

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Lol, Williams fork and Dillon would be great walleye fisheries

I wont do that...But I do know who put the "big" largies in Horsetooth.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Walleyes would proliferate. It'll be like Seminoe and pathfinder. What those makes should be since they are deep reservoirs with no lakers...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts