Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I never had much luck there. Mostly frustration... But it seemed to have alot of potential.. The last time I went I kicked my pontoon boat all the way back to the cove on the south end. Lots of lily pads etc. Had fish rising around me. Switched from a streamer to a popper made a couple of casts, then a motorboat pulls in behind me and kids and dogs start jumping off the boat....... Fish stopped rising....

Too bad that CDOW is losing that water, it sounds like they have invested a bit in that fishery. I remember there was a sign there about a project to improve spawning habitat.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Was a great Largemouth lake. Very unique compared to other water on the front range. Sux to see it go.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It might be cool to get some CF'ers to meet out there and ice it this winter. A going away party of sorts. I am guessing it gets some decent ice?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
like he said there netting fish and taking them out of there, really doubt it would make for very good ice fishing, caught my biggest walleye of my life there 32-1-2 inches. never seen one that big, wasn't even sure it was an eye.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yes the article said they are netting into the fall and then again in the spring until the least closes. Not saying that it would be awesome fishing. But they will not be able to get all of them before the least is up. Get enough people out there with fish finders and grills helping each other out, havin fun. Curing some of the winter shacknasties.. I am sure some fish would be landed and lots would be learned friendships made, maybe a fistfight or two.... it could at least be a memorable time even if the fishing is tough.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hmm just looked at the full article.... It ends with "The reservoir remains open to the public, and fishing will be allowed from the banks through the winter. Fishing from boats is prohibited from Nov. 1 through the waterfowl hunting season."

Is ice fishing not allowed at lonetree?

It does not say so from CPW.

https://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Fishery Survey Summaries/LonetreeReservoir.pdf

Hopefully that is "fake news" from the Reporter Herald!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts