Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

The first time I hooked a little perch I was 3, still have the picture. Now I'm 56 and have spent the years between then and now fishing.

I moved to the Denver area in August of last year and now that the dust has settled I'm ready to fish again. I was searching the internet for tips on places to fish in the Denver area and how to fish them and came upon this forum. I figured I'd try to shorten the learning curve (yes, by profiting from others' experience) and see if anyone would be willing to fish with me.

Here's the kicker...I bought a complete fly-fishing "rig" from a friend on the late '90's and have never even so much as broken it out of the box. What better time then now and what better place then in Colorado?

I've got time, vehicles (no off-road however), money enough to cover my share of the expenses and the will. All I need is someone to go with. If that sounds interesting drop me a line and I can answer any questions you might have.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Welcome... hang out a bit and get to know folks, this place is great for that. Don't be thin skinned and have fun with it. You'll get a few fishing partners in no time.

Watch out for Ninja, he likes freshies.

·
Registered
625 Posts
welcome. the "how to fish" isn't so hard for most places because it's trout most places. they just put 7400 of the little bastards into aurora, a caddis fly and a nice afternoon should have you several.
everyone fishes the dream stream and granby and if you'd rather not stand ******* to elbow you can do better elsewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beer: moderately.
Weed: not my thing, if it's yours that's not my business.

I retired from a career in Texas and a job opportunity for my wife brought us to Colorado.

Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Don't listen to us dickholes. Go fish......have fun. Nothing can ruin the fun of fishing quicker than the interwebs.

Peace.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Armbon, I don't have a boat but been a long time Colorado fisherman, used to guide a little at Granby and Williams Fork about 20 years ago, I wouldn't mind some company if you don't mind shore fishing, but I don't fly fish anymore

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fisherguyd,

That sounds great. I am almost always free during the week from 8:30 am until 4-ish. With a little advance notice I can arrange for the wife to pick up the kids from school which would free up my whole day. I live in the West part of Centennial and my e-mail address is [email protected]. Drop me a line and I'll send you my phone number. That way we can meet up. I have fishing rigs for spin and bait casting for trout, bass, pike/muskey, and walleye.

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you live in the denver metro area?
I mainly fish the metro lakes for the last 20 years out of my boat.
Still have a few years before i retire so only able to go out on weekends
And occasionally evenings.
Neaver can have to many angler buddies

1 - 11 of 11 Posts