Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late report....
Left the Springs 4am Sept 11..arrived Dallas Sat 5pm.
Spent Sunday w/ my daughter and prepared for battle w/ the fish in the UNBEARABLE heat Monday ( 99 w/ humidity of 92%)
Monday 9/13:
Fished a couple of hrs , too freaking hot for me....caught small fish and gave up by 9am
Tues 9/14:
Fished Ray Roberts till noon, nothing over 2.5 lbs HOT......
Headed down to Athens,Tx to the Freshwater fisheries annex (100 acre complex that the state rears almost 4 million Florida strain bass for
stocking and it houses the "Texas Share a Lunker" program which is run from Jan-May each year.

17 lb Largemouth....
View My Video

Wed 9/15:
Fished a local city lake from 5am-7:30am, caught several LM in the 3lb range on a Buzzbait before sunrise and a couple of smaller fish on a Chatterbait & Senko after sunrise. Left about noon for Barling Arkansas, got there about 5pm..dropped Momma off at her Grannys.. drove the 1/2 mile down to the Arkansas river...and caught a shitload of 1-1.5 lb White Bass on a little prop bait in the lock and dam area.....

Thursday 9/16:
Met a buddy up in Rogers, drove 1.5 hrs to Kimberling City in Missouri...fished TableRock lake...Spots & LM up to 2.5lbs..

We went in to the cove where BassPro has it's resort (BigCedar Lodge) and I thought I knew this guy that came out in a wrapped Nitro....turned out that they were having the Tracker boat dealer meeting, and Kevin VanDam, Edwin Evers,Tommy Martin,Stacy King and Rick Clunn were the keynote speakers...it was cool to see them all out doing promos on the water. This pic is Timmy Horton with one of the camera boats...

this is KVD's rig....note the $6000 worth of graphs..

I caught a 3 lb smallie right in front of the lodge, was cool to hear them saying .."who are those guys"? as I was fishing out of a $60,000 wrapped BassCat that my buddy with too much $$ has laughsmile

Friday 9/17:
Left Ft.Smith at 3 am, drove to Farmington met another buddy to fish one of my fav lakes in Ark. Bud Kidd......killed em on a frog till after 11 am
lost count, but had at least eight over 4 lbs yyaaayy

Sat 9/18
Left Ft.Smith 2:30 am, drove to Rogers , met yet another buddy for a day on Beaver. Man, what a blast...when I finally convinced my buddy to go to a spot I used to do well this time of year....we pulled into Prairie Creek Marina and found the bass just going nuts over 55 ft of water , right in front of the outer most docks. We caught a shitload of fish, biggest being high 2's.....

One of the best Vaca's I have ever done ( for me, Momma...maybe not so much fishslap)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Nice report and fish.
I was jut there at Big Cedar lodge. Tablerock Lake, On labor day. We fished are arse of and got quit a few spots smallies and few LMB biggest was a 4 lbs LMB. That lodge was sick. They do take care of you there. boats, food, housing, and everything needed for a fantastic stay. BUT very expencive. 479.00 a night for a big cabin fully loaded. :eek: :eek:

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Tight lines.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marledge said:
nice! the only sad thing was i saw "17lb largemouth" and thought you caught it....
Oh , how I wish......my biggest is 11.21 caught at Lake Fork in 1992, unfortunately...I had it mounted and the X found it nesessary to throw it on the floor (destroying it) to prove to me that she was sick of me fishing every weekend. :mad:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
FISH63 said:
marledge said:
nice! the only sad thing was i saw "17lb largemouth" and thought you caught it....
Oh , how I wish......my biggest is 11.21 caught at Lake Fork in 1992, unfortunately...I had it mounted and the X found it nesessary to throw it on the floor (destroying it) to prove to me that she was sick of me fishing every weekend. :mad:

You didnt need her anyway. Fishing more fun anyway.. >:D >:D

Thats a cool pic of you going over the 86 road bridge by Big Cedar Lodge.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Damn Todd.. not sure if the fishing all over those spots is any better than Pueblo :p
Looks like a damn good time for sure... Prob not going to be able to use those pics for Kistler tho.. You held the fish up to high :)

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Dang they grow some buckets down there... the heat wold kill me though.

Nice vaca and report Todd...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts