Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the "Fishing close to home" booklet again today, and noticed there were some small lakes and streams that would be good fishing or at least, a good getaway only an hour away.

Has anyone ever fished jackson creek or little echo lake? according to the booklet, supposedly you can catch lake trout flyfishing there...

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
A person can flyfish for halibut when they are 200 ft deep providing ya have enuff weight to get down that deep . Flyfishing for lakers oughta be a snap as long as ya have enough string n weight for that puddle. :D

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, seriously..... From reading a few past posts/reports on here.... there's a flying ant hatch that happens at little echo lake, and it brings out the lake trout.

that and little echo lake is 11000 feet up... meaning that lake is always cold, and the lakers probably always stay shallow.

There's places in the yukon where you can catch lake trout flyfishing in the summer because the water always stays in the 30 degree area.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
LAKESTER said:
that and little echo lake is 11000 feet up... meaning that lake is always cold, and the lakers probably always stay shallow.
Where's da Fish Slayer .... thats right up his alley .... he might be able to work that into his early July schedule .... when the ice is off that puddle :D

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I've always wanted to fish that lake............the 4 wheel drive road takes you almost right to it............not much hiking. It's one of the only self-sustaining lake trout populations that high up.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maynard G Krebs said:
LAKESTER said:
Where's da Fish Slayer .... thats right up his alley .... he might be able to work that into his early July schedule .... when the ice is off that puddle :D
Man, you bitter? have you fished the lake and did you do a swan dive in there.... you must not like the place or either that, it's a maynard honey hole.

if that's the case... long hike or not, i'm going for sure. >:D >:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts