Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Canada this summer and looking to gear up for pike fly fishing. Need a used (but in good/very good condition) rod and reel. Would be ideal to get a extra spool for sinking line. Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just pick up a Cabelas rod, reel and you shouldn't need a spool for sinking line. You will be fishing in 4 ft. to 12" of water. Use Tyger for a tooth leader and white bunny flies with red heads. A four piece 9 ft. will fit in a duffel type wheeled luggage bag (Costco). Worked great for us on three trips up there so far. You can even take back the rod after you get home if you didn't like it or just want your money back.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
If ya don't find what you are looking for, let me know. I have a 8wt STH Caribbean with 2 spools. Both lined with backing and ready to go. One spool is WTF the other is sinking. The reel is heavy but work well. I bought them used for an Alaska trip a couple years back. It landed 500+ fish easily in 11 days. Everything from reds-huge Dolly Varden. The reel is left hand retrieve. And can't be changed unless it is sent to the dealership. And that isn't easy either. Don't ask how I know. LOL

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The Predator Combo from Reddington is one heck of a rod, reel and line setup for the money.

Wright and Mcgill makes a kick ass reel called the Sebalos. Best and coolest looking real I've seen for the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts