Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That runs pretty shallow, like <3' or so. 4.75" isn't bad but wondering if anybody has some brands and/or models to suggest?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been thinking about weighting down floaters. Golfsmith sells lead tape at 10.99 for 75 feet. Helluva lot cheaper than suspendots. I just don't know how thick it is. If its too thick, they sell lead foil tape online.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I use #12 X-Raps, BPS PRo's and #13 and #15 Max Raps. For shallow water I almost exclusively use Max Raps now. Unfortunately the 6" #15s are almost impossible to find now:'(

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to scuba your haunts Neal. That lure would be perfect.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
They work, know this first hand. Got my rear handed to me with Neal beside me one night.
I could definitely see that Max Rap come alive with Neal's aggressive fishing style. They do have great action when fished aggressively.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They work, know this first hand. Got my rear handed to me with Neal beside me one night.
x2! The man can fish! Jamin (grncreek)is a beast and so is Longdraw. Its a humbling experience.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Floaters with suspend dots/strips, also work well, Timmay. The BPS house brand jerks are perfect for that...

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-XPS-Floating-Minnow/product/51822/

I love those floater's from now into summer. You can throw them up into the rocks and just reel them along striking the rocks and hardly ever snag up! Plus the rattles really work once the water temp rises. I reel them along steadily and then once or twice a retrieve stop them and pop it hard! Great Slimer bait also:eek:

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I love those floater's from now into summer. You can throw them up into the rocks and just reel them along striking the rocks and hardly ever snag up! Plus the rattles really work once the water temp rises. I reel them along steadily and then once or twice a retrieve stop them and pop it hard! Great Slimer bait also:eek:
Oh ****! I got a co-sign!

#nealknows ;)

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
5 inch suspending jerkbait?...did you check goldies large intestine?!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Smithwick has a full line of nice jerk baits from floater down to 10 foot . So float then 4ft 6 ft 8ft 10 ft ranging in size from 4 1/2 inches to 5 inches .
Also the line diameter will effect how deep you jerk baits will dive.Thinner the line the deeper they will get down.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Smithwick has a full line of nice jerk baits from floater down to 10 foot . So float then 4ft 6 ft 8ft 10 ft ranging in size from 4 1/2 inches to 5 inches .
Also the line diameter will effect how deep you jerk baits will dive.Thinner the line the deeper they will get down.
Got a full line of the Smithwicks. Just about every big eye Ive caught this year came off of one of those. If they made a shallower running version of the Super Rogue Id be all over that. They used to make a floating version of those so Ebay has them for like 10 bucks. I should really consider buying stock in Smithwick. They take some tweaking, but they catch some fish.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody try the 5.1" Yo Zuri crystal minnows?

NealCO: Floaters would be perfect. I just don't have confidence in them yet. I need to fish them more.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Anybody try the 5.1" Yo Zuri crystal minnows?

NealCO: Floaters would be perfect. I just don't have confidence in them yet. I need to fish them more.
Yozuri's are filthy...but man, so pricey to be throwing around rocks. The homie Fresh Fish makes them shits work! He's stuck some pig smallies on them in the past.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts