Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a boat a cheap boat somthin that can get me out on the water anyone have anything let me know

·
Registered
460 Posts
well i might be able to get my hands on some styrofoam. we should be able to get you on some water.  ;D
nah actually at bass pro shops they have little fiberglass boats. i have no clue what they are called so i will put a photo on. about $500 buys a nice little boat ready for the water. all it needs is a battery and a trolling motor. the boat slides nicely into the back of a pickup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi-
I see inexpensive boats on craigslist.org all the time, pick dnvr/boulder and look under items for sale, boats--last one I saw was on Wed. Price was $175.00 Sounded like it needed some work--
good luck--

·
Registered
104 Posts
I BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE 8' PLASTIC BOATS, FROM CABELLA'S IT WAS

VERY SAFE FULL OF FOAM, 2 SEATS WEIGHTED 86 LBS. AS I REMBER I

PAID APPROX $ 5OO AND HAD LOTS OF FUN.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I have a 14' V w/ 18hp Johnson motor, Trolling motor, 3 batterys etc etc etc.

$1000.00

If your interested let me know.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I do but ill be damed if I can find them. Ill post them if I can find them.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Heres a couple. These are when I first got it. I did alot of work to it since then. When it gets nicer out ill take some more pics if your interested

ThX

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
I need to sell it to make room for my new boat:

[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]
Finally I see a picture of your new boat.

I have a 21' Sun Tracker I'm about to sell to get something exactly like yours. Where did you pick it up? I'm thinking I may have to travel out of state to buy. I'll looking at used Pro Line. I have to have a fishing boat but my Wife insists on a bed, kitchen and inclosed head. I'm thinking 25 to 30 '. What are the specifics of your new boat Jay?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Nutmg1,

Thats actually my boat. It was a little inside humour between Jay and I. Jay has his old boat parked in my back yard - till it sells. I thought I was being pretty clever saying I had a new boat - (his old boat), but Jay had the better hand. Jay took the photo last year after fishing at Granby. My back yard looks like a boat yard now. By the way, Jay has pictures of his new boat on his "My new boat" thread.

About the boat, I bought it from Ed's Marine in Richmond, VA. I found they had the best prices in the country when I was shopping. Its a 2005 Sea Pro, 206 W/A. Shipping costs will be about what Colorado tax would be. My cousin went out for me and towed it back. It has a 150 hp Yamaha and a 15 hp kicker. Sea Pro had a good reputation, they were bought out by Brunswick Marine in January 2005. I was also considering Sea Hunt, Key West, Pro line, and Sea Chaser. I like the walkaround because the kids can get out of the weather, its good for open water (we took it to Isle Royale in lake superior last summer) and a portapottie is a requirement. You will get a more space in a 25-30 foot boat. I tow mine all over so I wanted something smaller - and more fuel efficent. I have a fuel flow meter and get about 3 mpg with a full load of people and camping gear, running at 30 mph. By myself at 26 mph I get 4.0-4.2 mpg. It weighs about 4000 lbs with 75 gallons of fuel, plus the trailer is about another 1000. Wide open is 37mph here in Colorado, 40 on Lake Superior with the same 15" SS prop.

www.seaproboats.com
www.edsmarinesuperstore.com

T

edits,
Have you looked at www.boattraderonline.com
oh yeah - I did my research on www.thehulltruth.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a 12' Sea King (1970's?), minnkota electric trolling motor, new deep cycle battery, with a very nice trailer. Very nice from a portability, wakeless standpoint. Also 06 tags already on the boat. $500

Brett

·
Registered
294 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Nutmg1,

Thats actually my boat.  It was a little inside humour between Jay and I.  Jay has his old boat parked in my back yard - till it sells.   I thought I was being pretty clever saying I had a new boat - (his old boat), but Jay had the better hand.  Jay took the photo last year after fishing at Granby.  My back yard looks like a boat yard now.  By the way, Jay has pictures of his new boat on his "My new boat" thread.

About the boat, I bought it from Ed's Marine in Richmond, VA.  I found they had the best prices in the country when I was shopping.  Its a 2005 Sea Pro, 206 W/A.   Shipping costs will be about what Colorado tax would be.  My cousin went out for me and towed it back.  It has a 150 hp Yamaha and a 15 hp kicker.  Sea Pro had a good reputation, they were bought out by Brunswick Marine in January 2005.  I was also considering Sea Hunt, Key West, Pro line, and Sea Chaser.    I like the walkaround because the kids can get out of the weather, its good for open water (we took it to Isle Royale in lake superior last summer) and a portapottie is a requirement.  You will get a more space in a 25-30 foot boat.  I tow mine all over so I wanted something smaller - and more fuel efficent.  I have a fuel flow meter and get about 3 mpg with a full load of people and camping gear, running at 30 mph.  By myself at 26 mph I get 4.0-4.2 mpg.  It weighs about 4000 lbs with 75 gallons of fuel, plus the trailer is about another 1000.  Wide open is 37mph here in Colorado, 40 on Lake Superior with the same 15" SS prop.

www.seaproboats.com
www.edsmarinesuperstore.com

T

edits,
Have you looked at www.boattraderonline.com
oh yeah - I did my research on www.thehulltruth.com

Wow thanks for the information. Hopefully I'll see you a Chatfield sometime soon? Everyone says don't buy a used boat that was in Salt Water. What are you feelings on this?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I've heard that before, I don't have experience though... It seems to me lots of boats spend their life on salt water. Proper maintenence is probably key. I've read electrical items, like wire and connections, and aluminum fuel tanks are the biggest concerns.

·
Registered
16,697 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Heres a couple. These are when I first got it. I did alot of work to it since then. When it gets nicer out ill take some more pics if your interested

Hey Jay- I swear I saw that boat in my old neighborhood for sale like 5-7 years ago. I used to live in Aurora at Buckley and Mississippi. Some old dude was sellin it.

ThX

[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I dont think so. I got it from a guy in WY. Dam, Now that I think of it......Ive gotten 2 boats from WY now.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts