Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to fish a different spot. I live in Colorado Springsl and have fished Quail, Pikeview and Prospect. I'm looking for another lake that I can fish from shore and possibly get something other than trout or Carp. I'm willing to drive a bit away. Anyone have any suggestions ?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
j-martin wiper , crappie , cats, carp , walleye

neenoshe wiper , crappie, cats, walleyes, carp

neegronde walleyes, wiper, cats, carp

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
You take highway 24 west out of colorado springs toward woodland park. You will pass woodland, divide and end up in lake george. Turn left at the sighn to 11-mile and spinney. (Not the sighn to 11 mile canyon. It's the long way. The first lake you see is 11 mile. Keep going the turn is a little hidden if you see Chappele general store turn around you just missed it.

It is like an hour drive. The fishing at spinney is great in my opinion. If any of this doesn't make sense let me know I'll try to clarify.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it sounds pretty clear, I'll post a fishing report if I can make it out. I'm pretty sure I will. Any suggestions on good spots on the lake from shore ?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Brush hollow if theres water good fishing there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
North Slope Recreation Area on the Pikes Peak Highway - the best $3 you can spend and just outside of town. There are 3 lakes. North Catamount is flies and lures only and is a great fishing location. I walk the shore and sight fish using foam flies and always catch bunches of 16-20" fat fiesty trout - you can keep 4. There are some very large trout and lakers in there. Its great for floating too. Funny hours so call ahead. I think after this coming holiday weekend it is open until 8pm or so.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Rampart and Nicolas just west i believe of woodland park. Two ways to get there one is rampart road out of Garden of the Gods and the other out the backside of woodland park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts