Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a place to turkey hunt with a over the counter tag. I just started hunting here last year and not to sure where to go. If anyone has any ideas it would be great.. Thanks in advance.. Good hunting and fishing to all :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
This past weekend, I saw turkeys just west of Wray, west of Benkelman Ne., north of Trenton Ne., south of Sutherland Ne., west of Paxton Ne., and west of Ogallala. Turkeys are everywhere in western Nebraska, so if you haven't bought that over the counter tag, I would pay the extra and buy a Nebraska tag. There is some good public areas also, check out www.ngpc.state.ne.us

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Yea its ok. I never said it wasn't. Just think you may get a better reply from a site that is aimed at what you want to know. Dont think id ask for a fishing report on a sewing website? :)

Talk all you want and dont mind me. I just like to make little comments here and there.

And dont use the argument that your asking cause alot of people who fish also hunt, cause than the off-topic argument would be void.

Anyways. Have fun and dont take anything I say to hart.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
110 Posts
peace, I have thick skin.
Just thought I might as well tell about all them darn turkeys in Nebraska, it's no secret now with the Rocky Mountain News, printing that article today.

M

·
0 Posts
Expanding on your point Born2fish - the State Wildlife Area in Nebraska right off of I-76 at Ogallala has a TON of turkey in it - seen 'em with my own two eyes! I've also seen a lot of turkey right on Lac Mac - on the lake you can hunt them with a bow (no firearms allowed).

Problem is, last time I bought a turkey tag in NE it was about $50. I decided for about $10 around Thanksgiving, the frozen ones at King Soopers are good enough for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Your right about the cost Mr. Ed, it would be a $85.00 gobbler, I believe. But the $10 at Kings is no challenge or fun, but then again it's a sure thing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you are up for a drive, look at Unit 711 around Dove Creek in SW Colorado. Turkeys are thick down there. Talk to Dave Harper the DWM down there he will give you some good options.

·
Registered
863 Posts
welcome aboard C-Bass.

A place to turkey hunt,
I'm still hunting so I can't tell you to go to the Spanish Peaks SWA....
But let me think about it.

Don't mind some of the old bucks on this web site that don't do anything but wine....

Mikinaak 8)

Check out the other turkey post, Thats my son.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts