Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Where has roadkill been? He usually at Deweese.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We may be there on the 21st I'll give you a heads up to where we will be. I've never iced Deweese before. I have a place to stay down there and thought of giving it a try. Any reports on icing Deweese would be appreciated.

Thanks,

FC

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Fly:
I have iced it twice. Close to the Dam and #10 or 12 chartreuse rat finkee tipped with Meal worm or Rainbow power bait. Let me know...would love to meet you there! Lots of decent Bows!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
deweese as been fishable in spots for a few weeks and has a full lid since last monday i drilled some holes while on break last wen and the thinest i could find was a good 6" it is a little slushy round the edges as the lake is comming up a little each day and the shore stays a little slushy had to walk thru 2-3" of water near shore but out just a bit it is good and hard and nice clear ice with just enough dusting of snow to make it easy to walk on, i havent had time to drop a line but of the 5-6 folks i chatted with last week they all had a few bows round there holes nothing big that i saw mostly round 15-16"s or so.

i want to se some smallies come thru the ice

good luck out there wave if you see me out there on break

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks RoadKill Do you get out much un the weekends? What do you recommend to attract the smalllies thru the ice? We'll probably get down there a few times this winter, I'll let you know when.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
weekend? whats that? i dont get much time but i drive by the lake often and ome times stop for a few mins just to check it out

as for the smallies ive never seen one caught but i know they are in there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts