Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to switch out my guides on a ice fishing rod (5 guides), they freeze up to easy and want to put larger fly guides on. So here is the question, is there anybody in the Springs area that would want to do this for me? As I don't have the tools or the know how. I understand this will cost me. You can PM me if you want to help THX

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm not a rod builder but sure it will be cheaper to buy another rod than mess with that one

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Limey,

I'd tend to agree with macman unless you just absolutely love the rod. Ice rods are pretty cheap. Another solution that is real cheap is putting some chapstick on the eyelets. I do it all the time when fishing the rivers in the winter. Works like a champ....

·
Registered
902 Posts
hey koldkut do you make custom ice rods? i want a carbon fiber handle with green wrapped eye lets. maybe a tinge of orange mixed in. medium heavy baitcaster. 36 inches give or take.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
hey koldkut do you make custom ice rods? i want a carbon fiber handle with green wrapped eye lets. maybe a tinge of orange mixed in. medium heavy baitcaster. 36 inches give or take.
He def does, but it's tough to get him to build much when he's busy. I know he has a few of his past builds that he is selling. He taught me to build rods and I have built a couple ice rods. Sure is nice to make em like you like em!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts