Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im pretty new here, at least as far as posting goes. I have been trying to track down some info on what metro area lakes are open to ice fishing. More specifically places close to Westminster/Arvada that I could hit for an hour or 2 after work. Not super picky on species though perch wouldnt hurt my feelings for sure. If anyone is willing to toss me a small list of places that would be awesome, location wise its pretty hard to make it to the more well known lakes by the time I get off work. I tried using the fishing atlas cpw provides but it seems there info on ice fishing isn't very accurate as Im sure others have noticed lol.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
your best bet is bear creek or chatfield just a straight shot down 470.

barr lake also has fishable ice as well, which is about the same distance.

good luck, homie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah been thinking about trying bear out, never fished it before. Traffic tends to be pretty rough between where im at and there so haven't been sure if I could make it in time to get any fishing done before they close up.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yeah been thinking about trying bear out, never fished it before. Traffic tends to be pretty rough between where im at and there so haven't been sure if I could make it in time to get any fishing done before they close up.
There's not much close to you that you can ice really. you can drive up to Longmont and fish St Vrain or Loveland and fish that area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts