Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I am new here, and like the title says, I'm looking for somewhere quiet to fish in the Springs. I've been to all of the "regular" places (Quail, Willow Springs, 11 Mile, etc) from Pueblo to Palmer. I'm disabled and have issues with groups of people. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. And don't worry. I am strictly C&R. I mainly go fishing for the time alone or with my boys and the peace I get. So, I'm not looking to steal your honey hole's thunder. Tight lines everyone!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) It still gets some traffic but upper palmer lakes are pretty quiet. You can also hike around the other side of Rosemont as well.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
there are 2 places that are wheelchair friendly below pueblo dam. the first is on the river, you have to park in the lot just below the dam at the end of the lot there is a concrete walk to the river with a deep hole that can be fished from your chair. if you would like a small pond, on the north side of the river, take the road past the swim beach to the pond there you will find a short walkway to a handicap wooden dock for wheelchairs. I have fished both places and the fishing can be very good to tough from day to day for trout mostly but other kinds of fist can be caught with eggs, powerbait or worms

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) It still gets some traffic but upper palmer lakes are pretty quiet. You can also hike around the other side of Rosemont as well.
They're draining down upper Palmer so they can chainsaw some trees in order to fix drainage. There's way toooo much weeds to waste your time there now.

As far as rosemont goes I've never heard of anything much bigger than 9-10 inches caught there ever. Might be fun though. Not many people there regularly I hear.

Rampart might do you well. They have some bigger fish. And if you pull it on a weekday you might not see too many people there.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
They're draining down upper Palmer so they can chainsaw some trees in order to fix drainage. There's way toooo much weeds to waste your time there now.

As far as rosemont goes I've never heard of anything much bigger than 9-10 inches caught there ever. Might be fun though. Not many people there regularly I hear.

Rampart might do you well. They have some bigger fish. And if you pull it on a weekday you might not see too many people there.
none of these are wheelchair frindly

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow!! I asked this same question in another forum, and basically got chastised for being rude because I wanted "secrets". Anyway. Thank you all for the info. I'm actually going to head up to Manitou Park Lake. I looked it up, and I'll be going this weekend. You have all given me some great options. Thanks!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there are 2 places that are wheelchair friendly below pueblo dam. the first is on the river, you have to park in the lot just below the dam at the end of the lot there is a concrete walk to the river with a deep hole that can be fished from your chair. if you would like a small pond, on the north side of the river, take the road past the swim beach to the pond there you will find a short walkway to a handicap wooden dock for wheelchairs. I have fished both places and the fishing can be very good to tough from day to day for trout mostly but other kinds of fist can be caught with eggs, powerbait or worms
The pond you're talking about, is that Anticline Pond? I've been meaning to try that place out. Do you know if it has any LMB in it?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Wow!! I asked this same question in another forum, and basically got chastised for being rude because I wanted "secrets". Anyway. Thank you all for the info. I'm actually going to head up to Manitou Park Lake. I looked it up, and I'll be going this weekend. You have all given me some great options. Thanks!!
YES!!!

He picked my suggestion. I won the contest... right? :)

BTW what was the other forum that chastised you?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Post up a report here, fish or no fish !!

We all love reports!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd rather not start anything. Especially since they probably have members here. Let's just say, if you were to explore for fish, you might go to this forum. Haha

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
You can post up here for sure, they can be handled!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I'd rather not start anything. Especially since they probably have members here. Let's just say, if you were to explore for fish, you might go to this forum. Haha
Ahhh I see.

I saw a post about handicap fishing but I thought it was the guy's wife that was handicapped. Anyways, I didn't see any negativity on that thread.

Glad you got a few suggestions.

Don't forget to post a report back and let us know how it went.

Take pictures to share as well.

Good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahhh I see.

I saw a post about handicap fishing but I thought it was the guy's wife that was handicapped. Anyways, I didn't see any negativity on that thread.

Good luck

That on wasn't mine. I loved on there a few months ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahhh I see.

Good luck

That one wasn't mine. I posted on there a few months ago.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Have you tried Monument Lake just west of the Interstate by the train tracks? You can pretty much back up your car to the waters edge and fish from there. stocker trout .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts