Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some suggestions on a decent mountain lake within 4 hours of the Denver area. I am looking to back pack 2-4 miles in and camp overnight. I am fairly new to Denver and have fished a few rivers but haven't hit any lakes.

I know this is asking a lot, but I appreciate any suggestions. Feel free to PM me if preferred.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the input. I am thinking of hiking into either Stone Lake or Long Lake (in Hell Canyon) in IPW. Any suggestions on which lake to hit and suggestions on flies/spinners to use? I am also contemplating carrying a float tube, is it worth taking a float tube?

Thanks!

·
Registered
438 Posts
go west on I70 until you get to Dillon. take a right and go to Boulder Creek. Go upstream and you will find a lake. There are lots of Brookies in the creek.:)

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Thank you for the input. I am thinking of hiking into either Stone Lake or Long Lake (in Hell Canyon) in IPW. Any suggestions on which lake to hit and suggestions on flies/spinners to use? I am also contemplating carrying a float tube, is it worth taking a float tube?

Thanks!
Too far for small fish. Dont need a tube, can cast halfway across those lakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts