Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Been awhile since I've been on here. Didn't make it out on the ice last year at all, things have settled down and I've found my thoughts turning to the hard water. That said any general tips of where the bite is decent would be great. Been thinking the Delaneys, boyd, gross or maybe a metro ice. If anyone's willing to share ice info or if there's much of a bite on these give me a pm I'd sure appreciate it! Tight lines and be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
11 mile been onfire this year

·
Registered
386 Posts
ON Fire??

Must be a different 11 Mile? Over the holidays I took several trips over to the lake and the reports were ZERO to two fish. I talked with a bunch of different groups and all but a couple ice folks said the lake was DEAD?
Not sure if it was the bitter cold but several people I know who do a lot of hard water fishing, were getting the Black and White Kitty Kat.
Another note, I've not seen so many people on the ice in the 10 years I've lived in South Park.
Bill

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Must be a different 11 Mile? Over the holidays I took several trips over to the lake and the reports were ZERO to two fish. I talked with a bunch of different groups and all but a couple ice folks said the lake was DEAD?
Not sure if it was the bitter cold but several people I know who do a lot of hard water fishing, were getting the Black and White Kitty Kat.
Another note, I've not seen so many people on the ice in the 10 years I've lived in South Park.
Bill
11 is always that way, either flopping fish on the ice as you reel up the next or dead.

I think a drained Antero my be why you're seeing so many at the mile now.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
11 mile... don't fear the haters...

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
11 mile... if you aint doing good, switch it up. fish are there, and they wont be where all the yahoos are.

tips:
IMO the lake is moreso about when to fish than it is where. trout still follow the usual active feeding times even if theres a foot sheet of ice covering them.

don't follow the crowds.

be flashy and annoying with your presentation, like catfish goon circa 2007.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
they wont be where all the yahoos are.
This is sound advice. Excessive noise in shallow water is a sure fire way to not catch many fish (if any at all). Sound carries a long way especially under water that is capped by ice.

·
Registered
910 Posts
i effing hate illinois nazis.
F.I.B.'s

I have always liked the east end of the mile better than the west. Have even seen Nessie at the bottom of the channel by the buoys a few times. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts