Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hunting Group has out grown my 23' camper. Where is the best place to buy a canvas guide tent with frame and stove. I think we need
12' X 20' to handle 6-7 people and gear.

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
I was at Costco in Sheridan (off of Santa Fe) on Saturday and while it's not a true canvas guide tent, they had a huge structure very similar for sale. It was like one of the canvas garage tents but it had a double door on the side that you could open as well. It was an open floor (like some guide tents). I didn't look that close but it may be worth looking into. It would definitely hand all of your gear. Not sure about an opening for a stove.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will take a look at it. I priced all of the big stores and Gander has the best. 16'x20' $1159 and the frame is $ 779. The stove $230- $330 and the floor adds another $250- $350. I was hoping to find a package deal some where. They also have a 16'x 23' for $1189 frame $940. I need room for 6 people plus all of our stuff

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I just did a search on craigslist for "wall tent" and there were a few results.. including this one:

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/2195120177.html

16x32 Hunting Tent - $500 (Parker)

For sale is a military GP Medium tent. It is 16 ft x 32 ft with a 5'8" wall height and 10' center height. There are two stove jacks so you can put two stoves in the tent if you would like to keep the tent nice and warm. The tent is in EXCELLENT shape and ready for immediate use. Included is the tent, poles and wrapper. I don't have a picture of the tent but have put in a representative pictures.
The first buyer can get a choice between a canvas or vinyl tent. I have both right now.
Call Mike 720-233-3378

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
i have a gp medium in fair condition i will sell for 350.00...
same description as above but a few holes in the roof. we al;ways tarped the roof to shed the snow better anyway so it wasn't a big deal to us. lemme know

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank for the help. I haven't decided about the GP Mediums yet. Alot of times I go up early to scout the area might have to put the tent up by my self. The Cabelas one looks promising

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
i had a 12x14 wall tent that was made in longmont. with the stove inside we slept 3 in bunks with all our gear plus the black lab. another year when there was 2 feet of snow on the ground we left the stove out and used propane heat and slept 3 plus the dog and set up a 6 foot cook table inside. the outside temp was 26 below at night and it was 62 deg inside. remember that the bigger the tent the harder it is to heat. i don't recomend heating with a wood stove. we did that a couple of years and you dont sleep well and someone has to stoke the stove every couple of hours when it is below zero at night. we also ran electric lights inside the tent using a deep cycle battery and 2 -12 volt light bulbs that you can get at walmart. i dont like using gas lanterns in a tent. we almost burned one down using gas lanterns.

i recomend using the smallest tent you can get by with for sleeping and using a 20 foot fly out front that you can use for cooking and all your extra gear

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have 2 wall tents from Davis too. I'd buy local due to getting repairs done. Hunting with stoves, ice around the base, and all of the other hazards will, at some point, require a little stitching up. I have a 12X12 and a 16X20 with full frames and I can put both up by myself. If it is 100 degrees I can really work up a lather but it gets done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts