Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
My 2.5 cents :biggrin1: :

The Tyee wouldn’t be my first choice in the Lund lineup because I like casting. I like the floor plans of the Impacts but that boat has the thinnest walls in the whole industry (for comparable boats; let’s not compare the impacts to 14 footers). I’d have to go with a Pro V. My thoughts on the low hours: I’d rather get a boat/car that has the hours it should have because (1) you end up paying more for an older product/design and (2) why was it not being used (maybe the owner didn’t use it but maybe it wasn’t being used because it spent more time than it should in the shop or not running). For that kind of money, I would look for a 2004 or newer Lund. That’s when Lund updated its hulls from IPS to ISP2 on its higher end boats.

From Walleye central:
http://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/adviewer/103393
http://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/adviewer/102338
http://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/adviewer/84410

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
That is a whole lot of boat for that money. I'm a Tyee fan. Looked at Pro V and felt naked without the higher sides.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My II Cents

Over Priced IMO but that seems to be the norm to me.

If I'm buying used I want the least miles I can find.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I would agree that the price seems high. And I would also agree with you Steve that market values overall in the boat market is higher than I would expect. Sometimes that works to your advantage - my old ski boat sold for more than $5000 above NADA value. It had higher hours (675) but was in very good condition.

Personally, if I was buying used I wouldn't be afraid of what many think is high hours as boats really seem to run forever. I have seen outboards with 3000 plus hours. The main advantage of lower hours is low hours on everything else besides the motor.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My II Cents

The lower miles or hours to me means that there is less time for poor maintenance to occur or abuse.

As an example:
I have never owned a new vehicle, buying used with 50k miles or less has worked for me.

I agree with boat motors, I have owned some old motors that ran great and never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
The lower miles or hours to me means that there is less time for poor maintenance to occur or abuse.

As an example:
I have never owned a new vehicle, buying used with 50k miles or less has worked for me.

I agree with boat motors, I have owned some old motors that ran great and never had a problem.
I don't think there is anything wrong with your approach. Economics accounts for personal preferences. I don't see enough value in a low hours and "low mileage premium" because I prefer to spend that on something a little flashier. Didn't I say that I was superficial? :biggrin1: Both of our approaches are defensible from a rational/economic standpoint.

On the flipside of that, I also won't trade extra flash for an "over mileage discount." Of course, markets aren't perfectly efficient and it is possible to find a low mileage car/boat without paying too much of a premium. IMHO, this seller is trying to get too much of a premium for the low hours on this boat. But, who knows, someone might see enough value in it.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
That is a whole lot of boat for that money. I'm a Tyee fan. Looked at Pro V and felt naked without the higher sides.
I'd love to have the deck of a bass boat in a deep V hull. I'm a midget and those tall sides get in the way of my casting. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My II Cents

How much is this boat worth?

Whats your opinion.

IMO $12K - $14K.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Way Over priced but will handle big water quite well. I agree its more of a trolling rig, but AO just wear some platform sandals.
Those old 150s' suck the freekin gas.

You can get a new 18' Targa with a 150 for only a little more.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
but AO just wear some platform sandals.
Most people would need platform sandals to get the kind of elevation I want. I would need a a step ladder. :biggrin1:

What I was looking to buy earlier this year:
http://www.g3boats.com/angler-v192-sf

I was planning to stand on those side storage boxes to get enough elevation (for those occasions when the platform in the back isn't big enough or does not provide the best casting position). :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
How much is this boat worth?

Whats your opinion.

IMO $12K - $14K.
What it would be worth to me and what it will likely sell for this time of year are two different things.

My guess is he will get around $20k for it.

I think it really should be around a $17k boat. He has some nice options for trolling, and that canvas that is on the boat is worth more than $1k.

If it was listed in Snagged's stated price I would take a risk and buy it with the intent of flipping it.

To me, the biggest draw backs is I don't want a 2-stroke boat, and I would want to update the electronics and put on an iPilot.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
What it would be worth to me and what it will likely sell for this time of year are two different things.

My guess is he will get around $20k for it.

I think it really should be around a $17k boat. He has some nice options for trolling, and that canvas that is on the boat is worth more than $1k.

If it was listed in Snagged's stated price I would take a risk and buy it with the intent of flipping it.

To me, the biggest draw backs is I don't want a 2-stroke boat, and I would want to update the electronics and put on an iPilot.
My gut feeling would be $17-20K as well.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
What cost with that 300 Yammie?
200 Yammie would be the top HP on this boat. Starts in the high $30s. With a trolling motor, electronics, kicker and bimini, you are looking at high $40s. Kind of pricey until you understand the construction. This is basically a copy of Lund's IPS2 hull but bouble plated on the bottom all the way through like on higher end Alumacrafts. Lund's double plating is only on the bow. I like the option to have two seats in the back. My two youngest ones are very competitive (like their old man) and they would be fighting all the time with just one chair... ;D

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkqAVE-BkKs

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My II Cents

Wow $20k. I guess I need a boat price update.

I didn't pay that much for my Monark in 2002, new.
A 20 footer walk through windshield with a carbed 125 hp.
Factory canvas no fish finder no trolling motor, boat motor trailer.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Wow $20k. I guess I need a boat price update.

I didn't pay that much for my Monark in 2002, new.
A 20 footer walk through windshield with a carbed 125 hp.
Factory canvas no fish finder no trolling motor, boat motor trailer.
Options can add up fast. And every Lund is worth its weight in gold... At least every Lund owner seems to think so. And it is apparently contagious. ::)

Oh, and boat prices have been going up faster than inflation, as I have written somewhere else.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lund builds a good boat, and they probably hold their resale value better than any other boat. I have a Lund fisherman and wanting to upgrade to Pro V, but I don't like the price.

·
Registered
253 Posts
.... I like the option to have two seats in the back. My two youngest ones are very competitive (like their old man) and they would be fighting all the time with just one chair... ;D
One of the major complaints about convertible jump seats/casting decks is the inconvenience of having to constantly flip the jump seat down in order to either access the live well or travel to a different location. I avoided having this feature on my Fish Hawk for that reason and I only have 2 seats as that will accommodate the ideal number of anglers on my 16' 8" boat- especially if casting and/or fly fishing. Of course, if you seldom keep fish, this is a moot point....... >:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts