Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things aren't sounding too well with the NFL labor negotiations. Looking more and more like a lockout! Big bummer! I guess the fans aren't as important to the league as they say! :p Looks like more fishing! What do you all think?

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Horrifying. Greedy bastards.

At least fall fishing is the best fishing of the year...but nov/dec is gonna be WEAK.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
GOOD, the greedy bastards! The league doesn't care about anything but $$, 90% of the players seem like they care less and they get paid the same win or lose! I say we make players work on a commission basis.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Greedy bastards is right. Season ticket holders already had to put up their money. What happens if there's a lockout. I'm SURE they'll refund that portion of the ticket holders' money, right? (sarcasm)

W

·
0 Posts
I'll save money by not investing in Fantasy Football leagues, save time by not sitting in front of the tube near as much, and therefore the wife should be happier. We'll see how it pans out.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
I don't understand why anybody would care enough about a pro sport to care one way or another. Let the homeless take over the stadiums and arenas >:D
It must really be awful living in your grumpy little world. :-\

You make the glass-half-empty guys look like unabashed optimists. :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
Why because I refuse to dress up on game day in an $80 dollar jersey and sit in an uncomfortable chair and have rude drunks spill beer on me and spend $50 or more for the privilege to watch a bunch of spoiled rich punks who think they live by their own set of rules play a game that is probably rigged.
I guess my glass of stale beer is half empty.
Oh and I forgot, making the owners rich while they exploit the taxpayers.
There is really so much more to live for.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I was planning to sign off this thread by wishing you a nice day, but it seems that ship has sailed. :D

W

·
0 Posts
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
Why because I refuse to dress up on game day in an $80 dollar jersey and sit in an uncomfortable chair and have rude drunks spill beer on me and spend $50 or more for the privilege to watch a bunch of spoiled rich punks who think they live by their own set of rules play a game that is probably rigged.
I guess my glass of stale beer is half empty.
Oh and I forgot, making the owners rich while they exploit the taxpayers.
There is really so much more to live for.
Ya, but taking in a sporting event now and then is FUN! I've never been to an NFL game, never felt compelled to spend that kind of mula. I'd rather watch college football or college basketball.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I love football. It's my favorite sport. Loved to play it, love to watch it.

That being said...who cares? We'll find new ways to waste time and money.

One thing though, it does suck for the economy. Pro football is a money machine. Lots of cities are going to miss all that revenue lost, and people will lose jobs. So I guess I take back that question, "who cares"... People who won't have any work, due to billionaire owners and millionaire players who can't see beyond their own greed.

And as much as I'd love to see it (the NFL) suffer for it's shortsightedness, it won't. A year later, I'll be right there, cheering, drinkin' beer and arguing with Hobie about the Broncos.

As will so many other fans around the country. It's just too big, and that's what the owners are banking on.

:-\

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I just saw the report that the NFLPA has decertified. Great......

A pox on both their houses. :mad:

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
And as much as I'd love to see it (the NFL) suffer for it's shortsightedness, it won't. A year later, I'll be right there, cheering, drinkin' beer and arguing with Hobie about the Broncos.

As will so many other fans around the country. It's just too big, and that's what the owners are banking on.
Ditto. I never went back to the NHL after its lockout/strike. But I really like NFL football, so I'll probably come back, too. I've been a fan too long to just give it up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts