·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice return on a $10.00 investment!!! :eek:

Excerpted from BCC Actions newletter 12/14 & 21/2010

Staff Briefings

County Preparing Land to Sell
At staff briefings, Assistant County Administrator Kate Newman briefed the commissioners on preparations the county has been making to get a parcel of land ready for sale.

Jefferson County purchased approximately 35 acres at 4100 Youngfield in 1931 for $10. In the intervening 79 years, the county has operated a gravel mine, used the property as a storage facility for Road and Bridge operations, and built the Table Mountain Animal Center at that location.

In 2005, Cabela's and Molson Coors initiated a development proposal in the city of Wheat Ridge on adjacent property to the south and west of the county property. Since that time, the county has independently relocated the Road and Bridge operations and the Table Mountain Animal Center. Additionally, the county has imported fill dirt to reclaim a portion of the mining site.

Currently, Cabela's and the Longs Peak Metropolitan District, which was created to provide services for the development such as road construction and maintenance, have offered the county $2,550,000 for the property. :) If the sale agreement is approved, Cabela's will receive the approximately seven acres that are prepared for commercial development and the remaining acres of wetlands and open space will be taken over by the Longs Peak Metropolitan District.

Before the property is completely ready for sale, Jeffco has a few more items on its to-do list. Staff is working with the city of Wheat Ridge to annex the parcel into that city since it is an enclave surrounded by incorporated land.

Part of the property contains wetlands. Cabela's has a redesign plan that will need to be approved by the US Corps of Engineers. The new design will make it a more effective wetland. The county will also need to reserve an easement for the Clear Creek Trail located through the middle of the property.

Next on the list, staff will be working with the state Colorado Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety to close out the mining permit. Finally, the county will need to demolish the existing building on the site.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yeah, but all things considered, it's faster and easier to still drive to Sidney from the Front Range!

Love that 'no timetable as of yet' on when they're going to break ground, etc. That fancy interchange is going to have to be repaved and replaced before it ever gets used.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeah, but all things considered, it's faster and easier to still drive to Sidney from the Front Range!
Riiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhhhtttttttt...

·
Registered
724 Posts
HOGMASTER said:
PS WHO CARES? There equipment sucks!

PSS: Fly Chucker you should be supporting your local FLyShop not Cabelas!
Expand on that? What equipment specifically-the rods, reels, tackle bags, line? They carry a ton of Cabela's branded items...and compared to whose equipment?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
He is a bass fisherman...Bass Pro Shops private line is bass tackle...of course he would like them...make mine Cabelas any day...I cant wait until they get to town and kick the stuffing out of BPS...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
DanDANthefisherman said:
I wish they would stay out of the local walleye fishing tournaments though !!!
Why is that?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Ya still have to be able to catch fish...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I am just saying the people with all the equipment dont always catch all the fish...I know people that can fall out of a boat get back in and have a couple of walleyes in their pockets at least they make it seem that easy...it still takes skill first and foremost...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
my impressions of the GJ cabelas are that if you want to pay MSRP + it is nice to have them close. Looked at a Fish Trap Kenia $219, MSRP $199, not bad 10% over retail prices! Sportsman whse kick their butt on price but they may not have what you want. Good thing about a brick and mortor store is free shipping to that store and you go pick it up. Great for oversize items. the GJ cabels has been very busy every time I have been there so I'm sure they are doing well but compare and you will find they are not cheap!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Let R Rip said:
HOGMASTER said:

Expand on that? What equipment specifically-the rods, reels, tackle bags, line? They carry a ton of Cabela's branded items...and compared to whose equipment?
Rip I see by your sig your dont buy Cabelas rods! You fish what I do!! Gloomis! I have a new NRX coming from my Brother's shop next week cant wait!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
HOGMASTER said:
Let R Rip said:
HOGMASTER said:

Rip I see by your sig your dont buy Cabelas rods! You fish what I do!! Gloomis! I have a new NRX coming from my Brother's shop next week cant wait!!
HM-The NRX should we wicked! I actually I do fish Cabelas rods and severl others including the Loomis, Falcon, Skeet Reese, Eagle Claw/Wright & McGill etc. and I guess it just depends what I'm doing for the day/species/mood I'm in...you get the idea.

I was more curious about supporting a store and the local workforce that would operate it despite it being independant, or large in the case of a BP, Cabelas etc. and more specific to their branded gear, and it's quality.

To Bobco's point-I think you could locate several instances going both ways on price points. I know Cabela's ran Power Pro on sale for most of the second half of 2010 that beat anyone's price for the most part.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
zman said:
Riiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhhhtttttttt...
roughly 3 hours to sidney, 4 hours to grand junction.

especially in the winter....I-70 can be nasty in the mountains.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts