Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. This has to be a thread where we can talk about the big fish we have lost so far this ice season.
I've lost 2 at vega in the upper 20" range already. One last weekend saturday one on the next day sunday. I saw the one on saturday follow up my worm rod when I reeled it up through the hole cuz I was gonna move. I dropped it down there and wham he hit. I set the hook, fought him for a bit, then got him up higher. he got away a few feet below the ice.
The next day I was jigging my little cleo at 14 feet saw a mark on my sonar at 10 feet. That fish swam down and struck the cleo hard. I set the hook and my 42" thorne bros rod was bent in a horseshoe, much more than it had for a fish I caught that was 20". This fish was very heavy. It screamed about 20 or 30 yards of my line and then was gone. It could very well have been the same fish the spot was only 20 yards away. I'll never know.

:'( :'( :'(
I'll never know anyway until I go back and catch him this weekend 8)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was pretty disappointed, mad for a minute or two.I tossed my chair 20+ feet, iceintheveins saw me from a couple hundred feet away and wondered what the heck was going on. lol. Now I just see it as something cool that I got to experience and something very fun that happened. That fish is mine :)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heck yeah catch him! had a monster pike hit my buzzer at stagecoach had him on for a split second he got off. My bro hooked him later though a couple hundred yards down shore but he still got away. I bet that one guy with those monster pike pics caught him, which is awesome. Who knows maybe he will give us a visit this ice season?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts