Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not been a very good month considering my inability to secure my gear. First it was my midge box and now it's my Black Pentax Optio WG-1. Both were lost around the parking lot on the Dream Stream. The fly box on the weekend of June 2nd and the camera the weekend of June 9th. I'm not concerned about the fly box but if you come across the camera, I would really appreciate the help.

I would really hate to tell the wife that I lost 'another' one.

Thanks everyone!

Mark

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Good luck, Mark. I know you've already lost the items, but here are a couple of suggestions going forward for what they're worth...

1) You know those return address labels you get from Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, etc.? Write your phone number on them and adhere them inside your fly boxes.

2) If your camera fits inside your shirt pocket, attach it to a lanyard that your wear around your neck.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the kicker, after I lost my midge box I went ahead and put my contact info on the other ones. I just never put it on my camera. The funny thing was, it was hooked to a laynard, of which I still have because that was the part that came off the camera.

Hindsight sucks that is for sure. The camera has a splash when you turn it on. Instead of the picture of a kewl arse fly I put on there, I should have put my contact info. Oh well, time to man up and go sleep on the couch!

Thanks sswan!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts