Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, Terre felt sheepish about her loss; now it's my turn. At Lon Hagler, I foolishly got out of my chair for a minute to adjust my catfish stuff down the shore. A gust of wind promptly blew it into the lake and it was out 25 feet before I could get back there. I casted repeatedly trying to hook it as it floated away, but just wouldn't catch. Still thought I'd recover it on the other side, b/c for a long ways I could still see it bobbing. However, by the time I got around the lake in the direction it seemed to be heading (storm was crazy-strong at this point) there was no sign of it. Evidently it must've eventually sunk en route somewhere out in the middle. Wind was threatening to pick me up bodily and blow me through the air into Lonetree Reservoir, so I cleared out.

Oh well, no biggie, really (even though it is my favorite outdoor chair & was $32.50). Lesson learned -- weight it down if unoccupied. Probably gone, but if anyone happens to see one, it looked like this:

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
Coulda been worse Hop, you coulda been sitting in it...that lake needs some structure!!!...thanks for the donation!...

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I just love to hear sad news like this.... ;D I know its a bummer Hop, but thank you, better your chair, than your boat.... but that is a story for another day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts