Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Jefferson Today to chase some lakers. It was an interesting day to say the least. As we were leaving the truck became stuck as the sled trailer was pushing down and we had to dig the truck out. The shovel was at the bottom of the sled. Somewhere between unpacking and repacking my Lake Trout Bernie rod was lost in the snow with nice reel attached. We were parked at the Gates off to the left side facing uphill. I am hoping someone will return my fishing rod and get me out of the dog house with the wife. I may not see it till spring but it is worth a shot. :eek: ???

Randy

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Spinning. Cheap Shimano Sidestab reel (bottom drag). Grr. It's mine. You see why he wants it back!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Bummer, Randy. We are thinking of heading up there this Saturday. Which gate,..main or the 2nd? We will for sure look for it. Always wanted to try a Bernie rod. What # test is on there? ;D J/k, if we find it, will pm you

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its at the second gate after the first one where you pay your daily fee. It will be on the left side facing uphill. You can see where the truck was sitting and we had to dig it out. It will be in that area it it is still there at all. Just shuffle through the snow with your feet and it should turn up.

Randy

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Glad you got it back, Randy. It was actually found on the ice, not by the gates. We used it for awhile,..had the biggest fish of the day on in, close to 10#,.but it got off!
Just kidding. Glad you are out of dog house.

Karma to Clay and Dave (aka Bob), who found it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts