Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lost another fly box, this one at Deckers. It's maybe 5"x7" Plano box, clear plastic on one side, white ripple foam on the other. Had a bunch of my own ties, mostly caddis larva, mostly poorly tied.

I lost it somewhere between the bend hole and the campground above deckers bridge, or maybe in the first 100 yards below Trumbull bridge, near the porch hole.

Despite the crappy flies I'd still love to get it back, so go beat up some deckers fish and find my box!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hmmm... maybe the 'magnetic vest' - oh, wait, half of South Park pyrite will stick to you.

Oh, then there's the 'velcro vest' - that could be interesting... except when you stick to other weird fuzzy things - dogs, fleece jackets, fake sheepskin seat covers...

Al, you have your name and # on the boxes? (Have to do that with all our stuff - have actually gotten some of them back, but bears can't read)

I'm curious - a lot of fly boxes have a hole somewhere on the side for a lanyard loop - but who actually does that?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nancy -

Of course I didn't have my name and number on the fly boxes. I've only lost a couple of boxes and several hundred flies, so I haven't yet pulled my head completely out of my a$$. Maybe after I lose a couple more....

So Nancy, now its time for you to do your part, take the last minute opening in the fly swap so you can help me reload!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
fishingal said:
Hmmm... maybe the 'magnetic vest' - oh, wait, half of South Park pyrite will stick to you.

Oh, then there's the 'velcro vest' - that could be interesting... except when you stick to other weird fuzzy things - dogs, fleece jackets, fake sheepskin seat covers...

Al, you have your name and # on the boxes? (Have to do that with all our stuff - have actually gotten some of them back, but bears can't read)

I'm curious - a lot of fly boxes have a hole somewhere on the side for a lanyard loop - but who actually does that?
My old man, has 3 boxes and all his tools in a waist pack all on lanyards....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts