Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...

Me and my boy went up to Chambers this morning, still dark when we started hiking in. Ice was generally 6-10" thick. But much of the lake had 2-3" of slush on it, and some crusty snow on top of that. It was a bit nerve wracking crunching and sloshing so I drilled quite a few test holes (with my hand auger) as we crossed the lake. But the ice was solid underneath, at least 6".

It was snowing real hard and strong winds. We took refuge in our shelter for a short while, but we were both exhausted from the trek and decided to call it a day. On the way back, the wind was whipping and my boys hands and feet started freezing, but I couldn't pick up the pace pulling the sled. Also I haven't slept in a couple days so I wasn't really in the best state of mind to be out there. So we abandoned our gear and got back to the car as quickly as we could.

We were the only ones out there, and we didn't even see any tracks or holes that would indicated anyone fished there lately. But now our jet sled is sitting in the middle of the lake, near the mouth of the inlet, with all our gear in it.

If anyone wants to retrieve it, I will pay $200 reward if I can pick it up from you in Northern colo, or $250 if you can bring it to me in west loveland.
Of course by posting this, I run the risk of someone just picking up the gear and keeping it. But given the circumstances, I hope someone might help. Reply here or email me if you can at [email protected] for more details.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
eholm
Im going to Chambers in the morning - if its there I'll get it for you

No charge

Check your email - Im sending you one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: my gear has been found!!

But a huge thank you to cnelk for being willing to look for it!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
We were there this morning...I wish I would have known, I would have looked for it. Don't worry too much...CNELK (Brad) is the man up there. I'd be willing to bet that he'll locate it for you, he's as good as a guy as there is.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yo cnelk. You rule!

Sorry about the tough weather, eholm. Glad you got off the lake safe, though. Yeah, take care of the kids man. It'll all work out in the wash! ;)

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Whoa talk about RIGHT ON! WAY TO GO! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Really this one covers it all. Made my day...BIG TIME! Good on you C, may it come back to ya 3 fold. E way good call on your part. Wonderin if I would have had the intellect to make the same call.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
OK...

The gear was found - but not by me.

It was left on Saturday and I saw the post yesterday [Monday].
I sent him an email telling him my intentions.

But he got it back before I could get there.

But...

I would encourage anyone getting ahold of me if something like this happens. I can be there in an hour. My sleds are always on the trailer.

Merry Christmas!
cnelk [Brad]

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Damn Brad..Thats a heck of a gesture buddy. You are going to catch a 30# mack this year as a good fishing karma act now!! Hope to be there to see it!! ;D

Glad you got your gear back buddy. Got to be a sick feeling either way...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Stan6 said:
Damn Brad..Thats a heck of a gesture buddy. You are going to catch a 30# mack this year as a good fishing karma act now!! Hope to be there to see it!! ;D

Glad you got your gear back buddy. Got to be a sick feeling either way...
x2!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts