Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wed. and this sunday. hit some high laker lakes both days, tough to get lakers in mid-summer from shore. 1st lake no pics got 8 lakers all 10-13" we saw one decent fish about 3-4lbs cruising but only once.

Sunday hiked my float tube up the hill and fishing was a little better. got 7 from 17-22". Only took 1 pic of the largest. my backpack was prolly 45lbs going up, about 60 going out. Prolly won't do that again but always wanted to hit the high laker lake in a tube.

That's fishing!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Nice looking fish! That water looks crazy calm and dark... I like. 15lbs of water is PAIN!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Brutal man
Had a 32lb+ pack on the way in... 28.5 out and it was pretty rough for the miles we covered.
Some big lakers in those lakes?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Brutal! Pretty good hike for an old man. :biggrin1::biggrin1:

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is a massive fish, slayer. I know a guy (he posted 2 posts before me) who brought an inflatable boat to a high lake and burned it before the decent. No kidding. Something to consider...disposable float tube. :)

s

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I suppose I could find one with cheap, light duty air chambers and remove most of the pockets and handles and rings and things and maybe. Mine has a semi truck tube for the main chamber and a car tire tube for the back rest. Old school like me.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hah! No wheels in the wilderness-

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You're getting old ....and whiny,guy. Just shave your back hair , easily can knock 10 lbs off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts