Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it up the hill to spinney. Total skunk there. The water was glass. Tons of fishermen only one dude said he got a 14". I saw no activity. I did see one I wish I had a chance to get - Some assbag got a 32" pike, cut it to bleed and left it on shore. What a waste.
Got frustrated and went to 11 mile and continued to see nothing. Lucked into a nice 17.5" rainbow. One rabbit, one muskrat one deer -the total of my wildlife sightings. Fished the two from 9-6:30...all day. The best part is that I got a lot better at casting rapalas a much les annoying distance.
You can tell it is the end of the month and quotas haven't been met. Must have seen 15 people pulled over all up and down 24. Still a crapload of roadkil (a really sad amount actually)l. Be careful driving there in the dark.

This weekend stole 2.5 hours at chatty. Got a 8" walleye that fought like a bear. Got a 12" trout. Asked both of them to go find me someone bigger. Neither did.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they have a kill order at Spinney?
yes. sort of. the sign asks you to harvest under 24" (any under 24") to better allow for a manageable trophy population of over 3 footers.
it's still bullshit imho. To kill for sport and waste the creature you killed is lame beyond description.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
What's the definition of harvest?

I'm honestly curious. I'd think they would frown upon leaving dead fish on shore.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah just check out the regs dallas.

To ghostman's point, there are states that implement (Slayer's word of the day) "kill orders" and even allow wanton waste. Stripers in Lake Powell are a prime example.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts