Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Where'd you catch that beauty at? Never caught a smallmouth before, any different technique to use to catch them from Largemouth?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
We need more details man!!!! Location? Bait? Techneque? Boat or shore? etc etc etc

Come on man :)

-Jay

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This fish was caught on the jig n craw (skirted jig with plastic crawdad trailer). I sight fish mostly and was really glad to see this guy in shallow.

Secrets...a lot of my fishing spots are small and urban. If people knew what kind of fish were in these spots, I would have to elbow my way in just to cast.

I might have caught this guy out of Pella but what can you really believe from a fish story.

I have been playing around with my digital camera and have been able to catch some of my fish on video as I release them...way cool!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
don't worry, your secert is safe with me as to where you caught it at, but I will say its not pella, due to the pine tree on the left, and age of trees in background. Unless it's a "different part" of pella. :-* ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well daggum...you guys are like fish detectives. I saw the Master Angler award posted in April for an 18" smallie at Pella and thought for sure that would throw the dogs off my trail.

Next time I will double back through the creek, walk a fenceline and change my shoes...that should cover my tracks!

For me, a good fishing hole is like a good woman. Hard to find and once you get one, you don't want everyone jumping on her.

The smart thing for me to do would be to stop posting pics...but that was a good smallmouth bass and I just couldn't help myself. Feel free to blast me via e-mail so we keep the anger off this forum. 8)

Andy...good eye you sumbeach! LOL

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just a dumb rookie who is lucky enough to land a few nice fish. Tournament fishing would destroy the little confidence that I have built up over the last 5 years (that was when I started bass fishing).

My only talents are being able to sightfish this time of year and relentless pursuit of hidden waters.

I owe it all to Bill Dance...saw this guy on TV one time and I was hooked. "Damn that looks fun!" I said and have been bassin ever since.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
HookNLine said:
Man i wanna see them guys on tv go out to cherry creek and see how many fish they can really catch. Im talking about the guys on tv.Lol
It sounds as if you doubt that the Bill Dances and Al Lindners could catch fish after fish at Cherry Creek! I do too. The thing they don't show on fishing shows is the days they have the skunk with them, or the fact they scouted and prefished for several days before taping.

I prefer to watch the programs about tournaments, those guys work all day and don't catch any more fish then the best fisherman here, and they even get to ride back to the weigh-in with the skunk on occasion!

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Matt,

I'd have to say yours looked less hungrier than mine though. Hot diggity damn, that's a fat lady!! Only 17 inches? You sure? Hehe J/M.. Either way, she's fat and that's what counts. I wouldn't mind catching a balloon looking 17 incher any day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts