Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brother and a friend got there around 300 stayed till 600 fishing was good for perch all together we caught 40 perch some small and some decent size ones with huge bellys caught most on small tubes and worms

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cool.

I've never tried for perch at Lake Loveland, though I've heard there's plenty of them.

I fished Loveland for a couple hours last night, throwing jerkbaits and fishing jigs off the riprap, hoping to get a walleye or smallmouth. But didn't get anything. Hopefully a couple days of warm weather will get the walleyes and smallies going.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great report I love the perch at loveland, were you guys fishing tube under bobbers or casting them? Are you talking about the bridge on the sw corner of the lake? Thinking about going up this evening for a couple of hours!

·
Registered
943 Posts
make sure you mark a x where you were fishing as well ;D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Was trying to find some rules and regs for loveland lake. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Are boats allowed? Could not find anything in DOW regs and googled it, nothing.

Thanx

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The shoreline is 99% privately owned and there is almost no public access. You can fish at the north inlet and along hwy. 34 on the south and that's about it. I don't think you can put a boat on it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thanx W.E. I appreciate the info. I found a city parks website and was thinking of calling them. I was also wandering about float tubes and such. I will post what I find out, if anything.

·
Registered
664 Posts
No Boats are allowed unless you are a homeowner on the lake. I would assume that this means anything (canoes, float tubes, etc) but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Well that kinda sux! I guess I have to try to make some friends with the locals. Haha Hows the fishing there for other species, walleyes etc...

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
MileHighBassin said:
Cool.

I've never tried for perch at Lake Loveland, though I've heard there's plenty of them.

I fished Loveland for a couple hours last night, throwing jerkbaits and fishing jigs off the riprap, hoping to get a walleye or smallmouth. But didn't get anything. Hopefully a couple days of warm weather will get the walleyes and smallies going.
Did the same thing as MileHighBassin late yesterday night/this early morning... Got there round 01:30 and worked the SE corner of the lake all the way along HWY 34 rip rap to the inlet bridge til about 04:00. No one out there but me and a buddy. Fan casted and mostly parallel to shore. Tube jigs, curly tail grubs of all sorts and colors, suspending jerkbaits etc... Nada. Got a few bites from underwater structure though LOL!! The first bite, I was convinced that it was something big. Picked a bunch of ice outta my rod guides too. Will be out again.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah we were fishing by the bride right by the main road i was just throwing tubes with no letting it sink to bottom and jigging it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts