Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
New member here. I fish lake loveland alot but has ben slow cus of low water. Still catching some eye's but I think whatever spawn there was is hi and dry now. havent seen the smallmouth this year like in past year's maby the low water is keeping them deep.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Russ, is there anywhere else (for the public), to (shore) fish. Other than right off the road?   ???

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was at lake loveland yesterday, I caught a ton of perch, but the lake is real low.When they refill I would be there, the fishing will be amazing for walleyes and Smallmouth bass.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rod's the name,
ashanhia is the name of the boat I hope to buy(when the wife give me the okay),fish the inlet bridge. You will catch a ton of small before you catch a 12 or 13 incher. I used mealworms as bait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yoy can fish along thr rock's on the south side witch is the best fishing. up at the north end you can fish a small area. mostley mud and sand up there. I have got into some nice cat's up there in the fall.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
I think it is one of those "deliverence" lakes that only the locals can use that they seem to be fond of in Northern Colorado...like Carter and Horsetooth and other lakes in the Larimer County system...8 bucks a day to get into the park on weekends up there and then they tack on $7 more a day for your boat...I know I heard banjos playing while I wrote the check...normally that doesnt annoy me...but they use fish supplied by my fishing license dollars for stocking their lakes...and yes they have annual passes...at about $75 each for an annual pass and a boat pass...

·
Registered
60 Posts
zman said:
I think it is one of those "deliverence" lakes that only the locals can use that they seem to be fond of in Northern Colorado...like Carter and Horsetooth and other lakes in the Larimer County system...8 bucks a day to get into the park on weekends up there and then they tack on $7 more a day for your boat...I know I heard banjos playing while I wrote the check...normally that doesnt annoy me...but they use fish supplied by my fishing license dollars for stocking their lakes...and yes they have annual passes...at about $75 each for an annual pass and a boat pass...
Ummmm don't all lakes/resevoirs require a daily pass?? The only one I know of that doesn't require a pass are prospect ponds and if you fish streams. So far all the places my bf and I have fished in the greater Denver area all require 10 bucks or more to fish them.

M

·
0 Posts
Ever fished the lakes right on the platte, u can see them from 470 going west and there is a tiny exit, otherwise u can make a hike from the nature center off santa fe, pretty, fishy annd FREE

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Kadiya, you're right, most lakes do require a fee, but there are afew "freebies" still out there. Lake John, Delaneys,Chambers, Lonetree, Douglas, Wellington #4, & Williams Fork to name a few. Also the red feathers lakes. I'm only familar with the ones up here in the North, but I'm sure there's afew down your way,
John

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lake Loveland access is only allowed for people whom live on the lake. I believe a life time pass is offered for 20K or so.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Ok the last one was a picture of the lake...what were the first four?

·
Registered
152 Posts
The first picture is the inlet before the may flow, the smallmouth bass will spawn in this area and they can easily be tacken with lures or live bait under a bobber. the crappie will move into this area as the flow slow. The second picture in to the north of the lake by the high school, crappies, bass and some walleye will spawn in this area, the crappie will be visible from shore, but they are tricky to catch. The pipe gets a little flow of water from the childrens pond across the street this keep the fish in the area. They spinners for the walleyes and bass.The fouth picture is the center of the inlet, again think smallmouth bass.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Its full, inlet still running, friend caught a nice small mouth, thats it. A guy caught 3nice eyes at about 9pm

1 - 18 of 18 Posts