Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have heard alot about lowell ponds from a couple ppl here and there so i figured i would go try it out tonight i have never been so i guess we will see what we can do anyone got any tips for me? and what species of fish are in there im goin for bass but if there is anything else in there that would be good to know!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i went out there tonight caught 1 small LG about 8 inches or so, other than that not much goin on.....

·
Registered
943 Posts
they stocked wipes in there years ago but i believe there were alat of people that kept small bass there even though there was the 15" minumum. but you dont see alot of people there anymore

F

·
0 Posts
I've done pretty good at lowell ponds over the years . Even better since they closed the parking lots. I havent caught many big fish but a 15 inch fish isnt uncommon. In the back pond I used to have alot of fun with bullheads

·
Registered
943 Posts
there used to be alot of bluegill in there

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will have to try it out again sometime which pond is better? anyone know i fished the first one next to lowell didnt walk far so i imagine the back ponds would be better since they closed those parking lots and ppl dont like walking far so i also seen quite a few empty packages (which i did pick up) of panther martins and catfish bait whats all in there ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts