Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to lowell ponds today for a bit and hooked in to a couple large mouths for my first base ever lol sad thing is I didn't land either of em :mad: . Any way it turned out to be a good time the one that got closest to the shore looked to be 2 maby 3 lbs. Also I wanted to thank the guys on here that gave me some advice , I know its not rocket science but Its nice to know that some fisherman help out others with the knowledge they have ,so thank u to all that helped me out u guys rock !!!!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Congrats! Ya these people can be some really good people. They have also taught me a great deal. Are you talking about the lake on the south side of I-70 on Lowell?
I drive by there all the time, but, haven't decided to stop yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They aren't trout...gotta set that hook with some authority!! I did the same thing on Saturday...It's always rough this early in the year trying to get used to bassin again.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Mexican Barney Frank said:
Congrats! Ya these people can be some really good people. They have also taught me a great deal. Are you talking about the lake on the south side of I-70 on Lowell?
isnt there some off lowell and wads ???

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
GrumpieGills said:
Mexican Barney Frank said:
isnt there some off lowell and wads ???
I don't think so, I've always known Lowell and Wads both go north and south. But, I wouldn't doubt something is out there just to screw up what I think I know :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol yea I've noticed but before I could set the hook the fish spit it lol it was close to the shore and the hook almost smacked me in the face , it was a good time though , and man I ve seen how aggressive bass are but there more exciting when their on your line lol , yes there off 76 like 56 th and lowell , has anyone fished the other two ponds ? Are they any good

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Oh damm. I don't know why, after all of the hours I've spent looking for water on google earth, I don't think I've ever, either not thought of those as fishing ponds, or I just plain missed them. I'm glad you made this post. I was thinking you were talking about the lake across the street from Lakeside.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
MBF that lake is Berkeley Lake

the Two on back from Lowell are a lot shallower than the one nest to Lowell. then there is the waste land of Carl Park lake across the river. I grew up in the area so I fish them a lot. have you tried the lake North on Lowell. when I lived down there they had a fence and coil barb wire around it so we never fished it but I guess its got some good fish in there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never been there , I live in lakewood actually , I've heard there are bass in the waters over here but have never heard of anyone catching any , I've caught saugeye out of the little lake by my house but nothing big , I'm just lookin for bass for awhile since I've never caught any before

1 - 10 of 10 Posts