Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided at the last minute to run up to PP and see if the cooler temps had the fish moving. I was greeted by very brown water thanks to the recent rains, and there was a ton of large debris in the water. My plan had been to just fish the long rod while my son fished the HD's. Well, that didn't last more than 30 minutes or so. Between the wind and the water color I was having zero luck on flies but the boy was hooking up quite often. I traded the 9' for a 6'6" and got with it. I quickly landed a few browns and lost a lot of fish and my son managed to land 2 browns and a bow that had the entire lure in its mouth. We only spent a couple hours on the water and it was more enjoyable just being out with the kid fishing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thats so cool. My son and I fished Evergreen Lake a couple days ago and caught a bunch of Rainbow trout. He caught 12 all by himself while i was on net duty. He is only 4 years old and loves to fish. Its all about the youngins.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thinktrout247 said:
Hd' s work in muddy water?hmmm , its muddy here again too
I can't wait for run off next year. Instead of trying to find clearer waters I will just go out with the HD's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts