Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping Flyfishgeek will chime in here. I am getting the housebound heebie-jeebies! Fished the Dream Stream Sunday. About a dozen fish....all under 10 inches. What kind of dream is that? Hit Cheesman Canyon the week before, hiked in, spent 4 hours for 4 fish, and none over 14-15 inches.

Sitting at work, bored, looking at various things online and came across winter float trips on the lower Gunnison. I am completely unfamiliar with that area. But it looked like a decent float in a drift boat, and the web site said that it was floatable all winter.

Does anyone know about where you put in and take out? And is there a shuttle for vehicles? Has anyone fished it this winter? Any idea what's what with the river right now, conditions, fishing, flies to use, etc?

I know this is Geeks home waters, so I'm hoping he sees this.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I got more info than you can use.

Are you bringing a boat or a toon? Leroy has shuttles, kind of pricey. There is a ramp on the north fork just above the confluence and one right below it. Leroy also runs a jet boat shuttle up the river and you float back to your vehicle. They have started kicking the flows up in anticipation of run-off, and the north fork is running very off color which colors up the river below the confluence. I am not sure when you are thinking of coming over, but there are miles of walkable banks and you could save the money and hassle of a shuttle.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geek,

Thanks again for all your help. I hope to get down there some time this month before the real runoff starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts