Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I went out close to home on the lower Poudre today. The first spot I wanted to hit had someone on it so we went to another spot. Found about 50-60 real active browns and rainbows in a decent sized pool. She caught one drifting salmon eggs under a bubble and I caught 2 with a #18 prince nymph under the bubble. I also was throwing a small rapala on a 2nd rod and caught one with that too. We had so many hits and it was fun watching the trout chase our offerings. At one point in about 10 casts I had 10 hits but just couldn't hook them for whatever reason. This was my first time trying the fly and bubble technique, I usually use a fly rod for drifting nymphs but it worked well.

So the second part of the story is that on the way home I wanted to try the spot that had someone in it earlier. We got there and noticed a bunch of hippies had decided to make a pool upriver a dog park for the afternoon...there were at least 8 dogs swimming around this pool. No big deal because it was a few hundred yards up and actually around a bend and a break from the long pool I wanted to fish. So we started working up the pool without much luck but as we got closer to them (probably 100 yards or so) I started seeing some active fish. I got a big hit on the rapala from a decent sized brown that I missed becasue I was too busy daydreaming. I figured I would work up within 50 yards of the dog pool and then call it a day.

So my wife gets bored and is headed back to the car and I'm a fair ways away from these people still and respecting what their doing, not even remotely close enough to disturb them when one of the idiots literally carries this dog out across this bar/ break in the river and plops it in the water right across from where I'm fishing (the river is about 25 feet wide).

It's obvious that he's doing it on purpose because he wants me to leave so I left and walked back to the car and made sure I flipped them off on my way to which I got all kinds of hoots and hollers. The thing that really makes me mad is if they thought I was getting too close couldn't they just come over like adults and say something, I wasn't going to get that close anyway.

So I got back to the car and I was fuming so I took my stuff off and walked back to where the white trash dog fest was going on and asked them what their deal was, and why they couldn't a; share the river and b; act like adults to which I got smirks and "have a nice day" I told them to @#$%@#$ themselves and left.

I always respect people's space and distance wether they're fishing or not. This just pushed me over the edge. I told my wife I want to buy a ranch that has everything on the land that we could ever want to do and if anyone comes on our property I'd shoot them.

Sorry for the rant. I guess the moral is to never go fishing on a weekend or a holiday again.

Here is a pic of the little 'bow that my wife caught.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Maybe those dirty hippies where stoned had weed and other drugs and oh yeah if i remember from the regs that area says no pets period so they were breaking the law. Oh yeah and they were dirty hippies who knows how many fish will die after them being in the water lol. maybe they should have stayed in boulder where there type is welcome. Dam i hate people like that.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I don't hate hippies stoned on weed and other drugs, hell I used to be one myself when I was young. Didn't go around being an ass though. There are jerks out there from all walks of life, from stoned hippies to yuppie flyfishermen and there's no excuse for it. Glad you gave them a piece of your mind, Ted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You know below the border they train dogs to bite fish,not to kill just to piss us off. I saw it on the internet so it must be ture. Its not the dogs fault. Humans werent trained properly.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
I would have layed the smack down on that monkey...i would have lost my temper...*#@^[email protected][email protected]# damn this pisses me off...whats even worse...is when your the only one on the water....or in a cove....and some monkey decides to cut you off while your working your way down the bank...they have the whole #@&^*#! lake and they have to cut in on you... :mad:

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Guys it was probably a misunderstanding on encroachment between the group and him. Look at the great report he gave and not one comment about the picture, just alot of negativity about an incident with a group of people. When you let someone or a group of people ruin your day and get all upset at them and lose your temper, was it even worth going out to relax and enjoy a day of fishing?
Good job on the fishing Farmer Ted and wife.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Misunderstanding or not the "hippies" were not behaving in an appropriate or adult fashion. So if in fact pets are not allowed there I would have called and notified the local rangers/authorities. One way to get rid of people who are going to behave like that is to use the rules against them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brave_lb said:
Misunderstanding or not the "hippies" were not behaving in an appropriate or adult fashion.  So if in fact pets are not allowed there I would have called and notified the local rangers/authorities.  One way to get rid of people who are going to behave like that is to use the rules against them.
Unfortunately I didn't know that pets weren't allowed in this location (they aren't ) or I would have contacted someone. The other problem is that cell phones don't work in the canyon and even if I had taken down lisence plate numbers and all that and called the proper authorities, I sure there wouldn't have been any response. I'ts just annoying that so many people are so obnoxious and inconsiderate, it makes me want to live in a cave somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.