Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
WS

I was at BPS the other day trying to get a hands on feeling for the Navionics chip, sold seperate, and comparing it to the lake maps and features already supplied within the Lowrance unit. This was NOT the HD unit, but many of the updated features can be downloaded and input into, even an older unit. I have an X-15 that I've done this several times with over the past couple of years.

I guess my point is, you could go to BPS and demo the HD unit and see for yourself. We demoed several units side by side to get comparisons.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
walleye seeker said:
is the lake insight feature worth the extra 50.00 for colo fisnerman?
I suspect not. Navonics has not mapped Pueblo yet....to my knowledge. Insight uses Navonics to provide the added "Insight" detail to the HD systems. Therefore an HD would only give you the basic map view of Pueblo.

I could be wrong but this is how I see it.

Navonics has not mapped much out west. I think the closest lake they are mapped is Ute.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks dave. that is kind of what i thought. i sold my little truck and am going to up grade my boat with an HDS 5 and 3 new AGM batteries and a new minkota onboard battery charger. i am planing to fish 3 of the CWA tournys, so this will help me weigh in. ( i hope )

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
:-\ ... guess we'll just have to win a couple o' them tourneys so's i can afford to get my own... all of my assets are tied up in floating stock right now :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts