Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys....Have any of you had problems with the finish coming off Lucky Craft lures? I picked up a couple Pointer 78's and after a few days the finish is almost completely rubbed off both sides of two different lures. WTF I've had the finish rub off of LC lures where the hook swings but never this bad and this fast.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
That would really be irratating at $17 a pop! You must of got a couple of lemons? I have never had that happen. What color pattern?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Where did you get the lures from? They the real deal or knock offs?
Not a big fan of lc baits but haven't had any problems like that. Check out academy sports for some sweet lc knockoffs for about $4 each.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
dieseldoctor said:
American Shad I think....Picked them up at Gander only 5 a piece they were on clearance. Figures finally pick a few up without dishing out an arm and leg, and I get a few lemons! Oh well they still catch fish even with half the finish gone. ;D
I love the 100 series!! Cast like a dream and catch everything that swims. I was telling Zman the other night that i should just buy one a week all winter long and before you know it I would have quite an arsenal :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The metallic finishes wear off prematurely! American Shad, the other blue finish with chrome accent, and the lazer rainbow all have issues.

Don't buy chrome Lucky Crafts. Write the company with a complaint. If you get a response. I would love to tell them about my 100's that take on water. They have never hit a rock. No rocks at Jurasic where i fish primarily

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Biggie Smalls said:
The metallic finishes wear off prematurely! American Shad, the other blue finish with chrome accent, and the lazer rainbow all have issues.

Don't buy chrome Lucky Crafts. Write the company with a complaint. If you get a response. I would love to tell them about my 100's that take on water. They have never hit a rock. No rocks at Jurasic where i fish primarily
Use mine mostly at Aurora also. Kind of scary to break them out in the rocks, lol. I really like the Brook Trout and Aurora Black colors.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Biggie, I too had a pointer 100 that took on water-tried to superglue where I thought it was leaking around the hooks but could never fix it. And I never bounced it off any rocks. All my other pointers are fine, just that one.

Still, they're the best jerks out there IMO

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
I've had a few LC's do that...problem is i stick them all in one box, so they bounce and knock around. I should be using a few of those "jerkbait specific" boxes...like Falcon makes.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My finish only comes off when I cast the damn thing up on the rocks, like I always seem to do now and then. Gotta get em to the bank and all you know. Small sacrifice to pay to catch a fish. ;D

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
They really are great man. Especially the JDM versions... ;)

And I am NOT a big fan of high dollar baits, I will take a Norman or a Bomber or a Rogue any day...

SS

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
dieseldoctor said:
Been drolling over those Visions, but can't justify the price.
Yes you can. We all said the same thing about LC's, at first. They are legit. but one, don't loose it. A little while later, get another. Etc.

There is also always Ebay.

SS

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nah all the megabass baits are over priced and suck.
Don't bother trying them

Shaun doesn't know what he is talking about.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had the finish of a clown lp mangled after catching a single small walleye on it. I'll stick to the non-metallic finishes from now on, they work really well on bass.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts