Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went down to Tejas over spring break, because I used to live there and love it there and all that. We went to Rockport, about 30 miles north or south, i dunno, from Corpus Christi. We have some family there and used to go there a lot. The gulf was sooo muddy. My only two cathes were a nice black drum and a speckled trout. Usually I catch my limit of trout and a few redfish. My buddy got a few saltwater cats, so he was happy.

ANYWAY, my story is this: Went to the super Wal-Mart to buy myself a birthday present and I needed a new baitcasting rod. I grabbed a Quantum yada yada and it was really nice and $77. The guy rang it up and the tag wa marked weird and it showed as only $7, I got another one and it did the same thing so the guy said (Southern hospitality I guess) "well it aint your fault, I sell em to you." So I bought two, one for my dad. That was the highlight of the trip. haha

off topic and i felt like telling my story

Here fishy fishy...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Dam bro, I would have grabbed 10 of them. Hell, you were planing on spending $70.00 anyways.

I love when stuff like this happens.

-Jay

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, me too, i used the extra to get a nice p[air of $10 sunglasses becqause i lose them so much its not worth getting nice ones, then i stocked up on mirr o lures and gold spoons, my biats of choice, those mirrolures r expensive, but the fishies love them, im wondering if any freshwater fish would hit a red and white mirro lure, im sure, i just dont know what psecies, not like the fish know its a saltwater bait

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'll throw in a story too. At walmart a few months ago, they were clearancing out hteir ice fishing stuff. They had 2 person ice huts at $180 and 5 foot sleds at $25. They also had some cheap reels at $4 and their auger blades at $20. My dad and i were debating on the ice hut when the announcer came over the intercom and said that all clearance items in teh sproting goods section are half off. We bought the sled, teh ice hut, 2 sets of auger blades, adn all 8 reels. When we went to pay the ice hut only registered as $80! ;D Then the 50% off. We spent about a hundred dollars on an ice hut, a sled, auger baldes, adn a ton of reels. We went back almost every night and bought all the reels they put out. I would have posted the info on here if i had known about this site.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Back to the karma comment. Maybe it was getting even with you because the gulf was too muddy for you to catch as many fish as usual. Lol. Great find. I never get lucky like that

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I believe in Karma, but if Wal-Mart is losing $$, so be it! They're due for some bad Karma. Mustang might have been due for the good kind.  Mustang --- It's my turn at Aurora (for the good Karma) though.  ;D 

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha, i hope its my turn at aurora.....
and yeah the gulf was so muddy, never seen it that bad

·
Registered
988 Posts
I got a story. During dove hunting season we needed shotgun shells. Walmart! Usually $30 a case for ten boxes. We bought two cases for $6, $3 a piece. After that went we back in and bought all twenty-some cases. With the plan of course of leaving to the car for the old wallet excuse if they were'nt $3 each.

Fully loaded for a long time. Friends went back in and did the same thing the next couple following days. LOL!

·
Registered
988 Posts
The new Gander mountain in Thorton. I purhased about $260 of stuff including a $200 tent that was accidently 50% off. Their tags are all mixed up rite now. They even rung up a lure for $84000. Anyways, when I paid the cashier I gave her $260 and some change. She counted three times along with me and said I gave her $20 to much. So I told my wife to count it also for the fourth time. Cahsier finally figured it out and gave us our change. But I think she still was'nt sure?

Too many $20's and most importanly, she was a cute blonded. Duh???

·
Registered
18 Posts
here is a story... my uncle went to kmart looking for a hard case for a gun... he found one for 36 dollars....he went and checked out and got to his truck and went to look at it... took it out of th box and opened it and there was a 30 odd 6 in it... kmart didnt even notice that these cases came with guns....so for 36 bucks he got a gun and a case... and well ... since it was my first year hunting... he gave the gun to me....that was like 13 years ago... how crazy is that!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Last few weeks, I took my buddy to Wal-Mart to purchase an Uglystik.. It was priced $29.99 on the rack and IT WAS on the correct rack with the rest of the Uglystiks. We went to pay for it and I also had a few of those cheap ($1.something) Rat-L-Trap look-a-likes in the basket with his two reels he bought (a Shakespear and a Shimano). So I just threw in my 10 bucks to cover my stuff.. While walking out the door, the alarm goes off....

I looked at him suspiciously. He returns the same evil doubting look LOL!! :D

The lil ol' lady at the doors asked us to stop and backup so she can check us. So she proceeded to check our bags.... So she dug through everything, looked at the receipt over and over and then said that nothing was wrong and to go ahead. As soon as we reached the doors again, this thing goes off again. We stop, turned around and she just waved us to go..... She hollard back at us, "it must be the metal in the rod, it's ok!!"

... I was thinking, "their's some type of special metal in the rod??"

So our ignorant, confused and "spacey" selves didn't pay no mind and continued to the car and drove home. When we got home we were organizing fishing stuff and then my buddy says "hey."
I was like "what" and then he shows me the receipt.... The Ugly stick was ran up for $6.00 with "employee discount" next to it.. WTF?? The cashier must have been lost in lala-land or something cause she sure as hell wasn't too customer friendly either when we paid as I recalled.

Anyhow, not too great of a story, but that was ours..... Funny thing is he hasn't caught sh*t with that Uglystik yet. KARMA!!

*** With the way things are going now-a-days, I sure as hell am glad they don't sell gun cases with gun included at K-Mart anymore :D :D :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ayeb we shoudl all go to "the marts" and get cartloads of random fishing lures and rods and reels hoping something ist agged wrong and just keep that stuff?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts