Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Jörmungandr said:
winter solstice lunar eclipse, eh?

time to get my cauldron of goat's blood, and paint my face in tribute to the gods.

That's interesting, wouldn't that make it the darkest day ever or at least for the century?

I'll try to check that out tonight. Jörmungandr, you'll have to forgive me I don't have a get up like that but I might be able to rummage a darth vader mask out of the kids' toy box ;).

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Don, this sounds so cool! Thanks for the heads-up.

From your link:

"The start of the total eclipse is expected around 2:41 a.m, when the entire moon passes through the Earth's umbra, or inner shadow, which blocks all direct sunlight from reaching the moon. The moon will take on a vibrant red color until 3:35 a.m., according to NASA."

So, if I've got this right, I believe the times posted above are Eastern Standard Time. I think for us in the Mountain Time Zone the moon's full eclipse would begin at 12:41 a.m. (12/21) and appear red in color until 1:35 a.m. Does this seem correct, or do I err?

I have long liked astronomy, and am intrigued enough that I might try to catch this. Wish I had a good telescope. Thanks again.

(lunar eclipse)

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct on the times. I adjusted to MST in my original post~

"The December 21 lunar eclipse is expected to last about three-and-a-half hours from its start as a partial eclipse at 1:33 a.m. ET (11:33 PM MST) to its finish at 5:01 a.m. ET (3:01 AM MST), according to NASA."

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I expect the guy in Goon's picture to play a couple rifts of Detroit Rock City...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Sorry lazy Z...I usually dont use peoples names on here and I dont know how to spell Jorgermandu...and I am too lazy to look it up...be happy I am posting...

·
Registered
297 Posts
zman said:
Sorry lazy Z...I usually dont use peoples names on here and I dont know how to spell Jorgermandu...and I am too lazy to look it up...be happy I am posting...
on your mouse, you can click the right button and it does give you the option to cut and paste.... jus' sayin.

I'm gonna blare some of this tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOSKsN1FAkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yxSCt_uhcA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO1bfE0B23E&feature=related

a queeeeennn offff snooooowwwww >:D >:D >:D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I still dont know how to spell Jorgermunderdo...cant you just go by Swen or Eric the Red or something this geezer can remember and spell?...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zman said:
I still dont know how to spell Jorgermunderdo...cant you just go by Swen or Eric the Red or something this geezer can remember and spell?...
Huh? D-a-v-e is too tough for you? :D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I guess...old and zenile...like I said I usually dont use proper names and whatever forum name people came into this world with is usually what I type... ???

I'm lazy...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
zman said:
Huh? D-a-v-e is too tough for you? :D
I remember when you couldn't spell it for the life of you. ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts