Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I absolutely love this boat and already know I'm gonna kick myself for selling it. It is the perfect Colorado fishing machine but my new found love for Lake Powell requires something bigger for rougher water and long hauls. The boat handles 3' waves just fine and thats about the worst I've seen in Colorado. It's very easy to launch by yourself with the newer roller trailer. This boat is ready to fish and I'll continue to use it until she sells. Turn key boat! Here's a list of the goods.

-1994 18' Lund Alaskan tiller
-1994 40 hp Yamaha oil injected (runs great) new impeller and lower unit oil
-1994 6 hp Yamaha kicker
-new custom snap on travel cover
-new custom bimini
-interior completely restored last year
-live well (new aerator pump)
-new Humminbird Helix 9 G2N SI GPS w/lakemaster plus western states chip
-rod holders
-all safety equipment
-led interior lights
-2003 easy loader roller trailer
-12 gallon fuel capacity 40hp
-3.5 gallon fuel capacity 6hp
-high and low elavation props

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff. If your interested please give me a call.
Jason 970 9468261

$8000 firm

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Big water in the west you get a windshield or you get cold-

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Lund 18v Alaskan

I'm looking at a 21'Baron

That would be nice. There is a guy on Wayneswords that got a 23 crestliner with a 300 Verado (I think). He posted that it is about as efficient to run wot up to GHB vs 40ish MPH (mpg vs gph).

I'd sure like to have that problem.

My 16' Lund is about perfect for Colorado. But it takes me around 90 minutes from bullfrog to the north end of GHB. 30 mph is just too slow at that lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Lund 18v Alaskan

too high of side walls, equals sails in lake powell winds. pro v nice lower profile. imho nice Alaskan btw, through it on walleye central will be gone in no time.

Thanx for the compliment. I do like the pro v's but i really am partial to high walled boats. I'm 6'4 and like to lean against the sides. My dad has a Baron and I love fishing on that boat. This Alaskan fishes great with 3 people but I wouldn't want to run back to Halls from GHB in 5'ers! The Baron will take that beating if need be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts