Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you pay? As far as I can tell after talking to Old Man is it is a 14.5" Lund Pro Angler with live well and Merc 15 4strk pull start with +/- 6 hrs. i'M GUESSING 2500 TOPS FOR NADA value. Let me know what you giys think. Please don't Undercut me ! I'm very interested in this setup!!!!
mailto:[email protected]?subject=14%20foot%20lund%2015%20hp%20merc%20-%20%244000%20(northglenn)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fdenver.craigslist.org%2Fboa%2F2273519965.html%0A

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Old Lunds hold value pretty well, as well as barely used mercs. I guess it just dependes on how bad he wants to sell it. That motor lists for $2400.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Is the motor 2 or 4 stroke? What year is the boat? Do you have better photos without the cover on the boat?

Looks like an older Lund with not a lot of freeboard (like my 1974 model). IMO the seller is crazy if they think they will get $4000. It would be nice to have a 4 stroke 15HP Merc, but I wouldn't go over $2k for an old Lund, even if it has a brand new Merc.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I emailed the guy and had him send me a few more photos. The boat is definitely nicer than the one that I have. Guy claims 6 hours on the motor, but I don't think they have an hour meter so there is no way to verify.

If you look at the boat in person the area's you may be able to beat him up a little would be on the axle & tires. Trailer tires only last 5 - 7 years, you can tell date of manufacture by the DOT number. Unless he has a receipt to show the last time the wheel bearings were greased you should be able to take $100 - $150 off his price based on that.

Just because he paid $2500 for that motor doesn't make it worth that. I bought a 9.9 HP Honda that is about the same vintage for $1000. If he were to try to sell the motor outright I think he would have difficulty getting more than $1500.

IMO, the package may be worth $2500 - $3000. Even if everything was perfect - new tires, fresh packing of bearings, seats without any tears, trailer that is rust free, no way I'd go over $3000 and that is probably generous.

I've bought and sold 5 or 6 boats over the last two years. I LOVE this stuff. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
I'm thinkin the motor is worth alot, still to big for Bar. Z's got pretty much the same boat...GOOD boat. Perfect John, Dellaney's, Elkhead, Stagecoach etc...what about electrics, front trollin, back transom mount, fish finder, batteries etc. If those are included definitely add to the value making NADA questionable. At 4k with no fuzzies...pass. Also all the points BM pointed out. I have a rockin boat...ready to go into the shop for issues I need addressed. Acronym for B.O.A.T...bring out another thousand. Looks good tho, I'd by it somehow if I was in the market. Perfect for A Town.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts